By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 3rd Parties and The Wii...

Soma said:
Pete_Beast said:
Good thing to notice. I wasn't alone on the thought lol. I haven't heard of the EA rumor though, what is it?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52721&page=1

On topic, I don't think 08 was Wii's peak, and I don't think it will be 09 either. Just look at the DS, it's still selling like crazy after 4 years. If next years more core games are being released, more core gamers will start buying it but will be only the beginning, and we have no idea how big the expanded audience is.

my theory was that the Wii was fast out of the gate. The DS did not do well in the west until its 3rd cmas.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Hyperion said:
It's rather scary how the Wii has already outsold the GC twice (almost). That means that either Nintendo is getting a buttload of casuals onboard or Nintendo is bringing in more core gamers, or both. I mean, if GC mostly appealed to hardcore Nintendo fans, then they must have bought a Wii by now. It's incredible, the numbers Wii can pull.

Both. Definetely both.

I'm glad to see the rising support, especially from Japan. Now I have a good reason to make it my 2nd console.

Well yeah, the 3rd parties that aren't on board by now provide the kind of games that i would have bought a PS360 long ago if i really wanted. Stuff like GTA, Dead Space, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, etc. The big, mature, "cinematic" experiences. Other stuff is already here and proliferating, and it's the kind of stuff i like.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think Wii's growth potential is still huge. There's still so many people who have had little to no exposure to the Wii and if more core games to start coming to the Wii (we know Japanese 3rd parties are onboard) then the core will all get it as a second system too.

Fitness games could be a break-out genre.

If Tiger Woods '10 uses WM+ and BB to duplicate real golf mechanics, especially to the point where it can identify swing errors and correct your reallife swing, (a big IF but possible) then you can bet every golfer will be happy to plop down $500 for Wii, Wii Fit, TW'10, WM+ to have year round golf and golf instruction. Hell, at $500 it's a bargain for that crowd.

It'll be interesting to see what experiences WM+ opens up and how it affects the industry.

They're starting to see the simple math. There are just so many people who own a Wii and the demand is still so strong that there are going to be so many more. If you make a good game you're going to get solid sales, and those are going to increase to great sales as the amount of people who own a Wii increases.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception