By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 3rd Parties and The Wii...

Is it just me or does anyone else sensing a shift. First we had the megaton DQX announcement and all of what that entail (sure japanese domination and support), then we had it reafirmed that MH3 was wii exclusive, now we have the EA and Konami rumor. It really does seem like the 3rd partys are moving in. I suspect next cmas we will see a MUCH more crowded Cmas line up. And to sum it up, it really makes sense as the Wii is closing in on a 50% Market Share, in a 3 console race.

3rd Parties we Know are on board

Capcom

Konami

Square- Enix

EA

Ones we are not sure about

UBI

Activision

Midway (like we want them...)

I think the Wii is really following the DS pattern... The DS had crap from 3rd parties in its 1st 2 years... Now look at that thing..... RPG heaven.

I personally think the Wii has a better 1st party lineup than the DS had too... I used to think 08 was the Peak year for the Wii... not anymore... I think 09 will be. The core gamers may just start moving on it, especially in Japan.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

It has to deal with risk. I mean it took them awhile but they finally realize it. I don't know if its because PS3/360 software sales are going down or they are finding it harder to get profits on them or they are realizing they can use the Wii as more than something to fund their other projects. I mean if you take a look at Wii games that are selling well, they span across a hell of a lot of developers. And the kinds of titles vary more than any other console.

So it just took them a while to realize it. Possibly because the lifecycles of Wii games take awhile but it's finally there. And we are already seeing the influx of all kinds of games, especially the core ones. However, I think the Japanese one comes from devs finally choosing the lesser of 3 evils which will turn to be the best.

But for American and European devs it's a realization of opportunity rather than a savior. Motionplus probably has a lot to do with it because despite them not being able to have the graphical opportunities the motionplus allows creativity in so many other ways.

So I think that's pretty much the reason. I've known for awhile that it will happen, I just didn't know when.

Good thing to notice. I wasn't alone on the thought lol. I haven't heard of the EA rumor though, what is it?

I agree..the shift is slowly taking place..that's how it will always go

I hope they make good games to shut fanboys up and to please my gaming needs ^^

couple of new ips or at least existing franchise that would excite the core - from ign about EA.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I hope EA brings Burnout over to Wii. Incorporate motion plus and make it the first racer aside from MK Wii that works really well and has online. That would be nice haha.

I need a good GTA..with good controls..the nunchuck joystick has various senitivities..PLEASE make the game work with them..I hate how it's difficult to play GTAs..

same for aiming..Wiimote fixes that XDD

man..GTA for Wii would rock..

what else..I would like a shooter..but getting it already..The Conduit

and RPG that uses the wiimote..for menu navigation in battles etc..(FF with touchscreen for any DS owners out there)

man..there's so much potential...wish they would tap it..XD

Pete_Beast said:
Good thing to notice. I wasn't alone on the thought lol. I haven't heard of the EA rumor though, what is it?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52721&page=1

On topic, I don't think 08 was Wii's peak, and I don't think it will be 09 either. Just look at the DS, it's still selling like crazy after 4 years. If next years more core games are being released, more core gamers will start buying it but will be only the beginning, and we have no idea how big the expanded audience is.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

It's rather scary how the Wii has already outsold the GC twice (almost). That means that either Nintendo is getting a buttload of casuals onboard or Nintendo is bringing in more core gamers, or both. I mean, if GC mostly appealed to hardcore Nintendo fans, then they must have bought a Wii by now. It's incredible, the numbers Wii can pull.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

08 was good because 3rd parties announced alot of good games but 09 will be much beter because those good games will get a release.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.