By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I can't bring myself to start a new file on Nintendogs...

I suddenly got the urge to go back to Nintendogs for a while, but I want to start completely fresh.  My voice has changed, so these guys no longer respond to my commands, and I also want to have the feeling of starting over completely.  I turned the game on with the intention of deleting the file, but when I saw those three happy pups hopping around and smiling at me--I just couldn't do it, as it would effectively be 'killing' them... .

I could store them in the pound and 'continue' this file, but... still...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I actually gave up on my game because I couldn't delete it. Giving it a name is what screwed it up for me.

How could I delete her when  I knew her name and she was always such a happy dog?

Don't kill your puppies. Buy another copy!

I couldn't get into this game. I'm usually very open minded and can play almost any game, and can acknowledge that Nintendogs is a very well made game. But I just couldn't get myself to keep talking to the dogs and calling their names. I just couldn't do it, not even when I was alone.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I actually already have two copies--Chihuahua and Friends and Labrador and Friends XD

@Rubido: Yeah, so you know where I'm coming from--I named one of them after my real-life dog. I can't kill my own dog!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

If you were to delete your file would that make PETA angry?

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Around the Network

I don't know--I don't have Philosophy until next semester.

thekitchensink said:
I actually already have two copies--Chihuahua and Friends and Labrador and Friends XD

@Rubido: Yeah, so you know where I'm coming from--I named one of them after my real-life dog. I can't kill my own dog!

Actually, I gave up on the game like this. I left my parents home and lived overseas. So I missed my dog and decided to check out nintendogs. Once the university was killing me so I spent 5 days without checking on her. So I got back to the game and she seemed sad sometimes. She was also more stubborn and it seemed like she was angry at me for that and it actually got to me. One month later the university is killing me again and I spend 5 days without playing it.

What happens next? I can' t see her like she was last time so I couldn't turn the game on. I also couldn't delete the game so I decided to let it go.

Damn game was getting to me a lot. Damn you nintendo!!

I'm sorry but this is saddening in so many ways. It's just a game haha.

Zucas said:

I know it is. But it's a cursed one!! Now I think vgchartz should have a devil emoticom so I could put it here.

Zucas said:

Are you a dog lover, and have you played the game with an open mind?  They're VERY lifelike and they really do grow on you.