By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA and Konami to announce major IP for wii for 2009

tombi123 said:
What major IP's do Konami have? I can only think of MGS, PES and Zone of the Enders...

Castlevania? Contra?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

MGS 5!!!!!!!!

(Mini Game Series 5)

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

The EA game they are talking about is either the Nascar Kart game or Boom Blox 2.

A new 2D Castlevania, please...tired of seeing them only on handhelds.

While you guys are discussing Konami, I'm more curious about EA.

The biggest sensation by far would be a new Ultima RPG (10 years after the last offline Ultima).

I bet it will be something more obvious though, such as Burnout or another Godfather.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
new EA ip=no big deal

new konami ip=intersting

EA has been doing good with the New Ips lately. Mass Effect to name one : )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

omg that metal gear thing really could be for wii!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Zucas said:
Hmm wonder what they could be. They say based off current IPs as they don't make it sound like they are new ones. I'm sure one of the Konami ones is Elebits 2, which is great. But we know that one already so it's doubtful those are the ones they are talking about.

I'm actually kind of curious.

Isn't Elebits 2 on the DS?

tombi123 said:
What major IP's do Konami have? I can only think of MGS, PES and Zone of the Enders...

Contra.  Perfect for that Retro loving Wii crowd. (If it's 2D....)

Suikoden.  Which was rumored on the Wii before.

Castlevania... (non fighter please.)

woopah said:
omg that metal gear thing really could be for wii!

I hope not.  I could name like a dozen Konami franchises i'd rather have.

Wonder if we could get a Hybrid Heaven 2.