By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA and Konami to announce major IP for wii for 2009

Phoenix_Wiight said:
what's that mecha from?

Zone of the enders

I hope ZoE 3 comes to the wii, I loved ZoE 2 best mech game ever imo

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
what's that mecha from?

From the game Kojima better be concentrating on now that MGS4 is out of the way. Zone of the Enders.

I hope one of the EA IPs is a Burnout with online. That would be great.

Zucas said:
I hope one of the EA IPs is a Burnout with online. That would be great.

Burnout and GTA were the only games I ever played on PS2.  I would love to see both of them come to Wii in '09 in some form.

Yea Burnout with motion plus support to make the driving better and of course online would be a dream come true. And hopefully a game that pays homage to the 3rd one which was the best. That would just be great.

Around the Network
okr said:

Soriku, EA owns some sensational old pc IPs which could be revived. IPs which they acquired along with the legendary companies in the 90s:

IPs from Peter Molyneux's former company Bullfrog (Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, Magic Carpet).
IPs from Richard Garriott's former company Origin Systems (Ultima, Wing Commander, Privateer, System Shock)

Besides the numerous Sims games EA already brought SimCity to DS/Wii and Populous (another famous Bullfrog IP) to DS.

Ahhh Bullfrog - when Molineux actually made great games. None of the games you mentioned would be a good fit for Wii, Imo. But I think a new Theme Hospital game could be perfect for te Wii.

By the way, it has been announced a new Dungeon Keeper for PC!! Though it will be in an MMO form. But any DK is great, and it shows the franchise isn't dead yet. There has also been rumors about a new Syndicate game.

Ultima X would be cool, but I'm hoping for EA to do something along the lines of mmo with Ultima, granted Ultima X was supposed to be the last one...

If EA gets smart and make the Diablo of Wii. A la using the Ultima IP and designing it similarly to D2 then they will be made of pure win.

Granted Diablo is designed for PC play and that standard controlers haven't been able to keep the game alive on the console front... maybe if approached from an online perspective and keeping in mind that Wii mote uses one hand only could lead to a great game.

As for Konami, they honestly have no offerings that could make me go "wow" but hats imo, I mean this from the perspective of high ammounts of copies sold. As for IP's that I would enjoy seeing, I'm looking forward to ZOE3, although I'm suprised how many people know of this game online.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I just hope that the news IS worth flipping over.

Awesome, another anticipated Wii game!

tombi123 said:
What major IP's do Konami have? I can only think of MGS, PES and Zone of the Enders...

Castlevania

Contra

DDR

Gradius

TMNT

To name a few.