By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Figures Bring Out the PS3 Hate

They won`t stop the release of AA GAMES on PS3, no matter what they write, PS3 is and will be a MUST HAVE console. =)
PS3 FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
Lol, I doubt the PS3 will ever shake that Cube comparison off.

After December 2008 in NA, the Cube will show sales stronger than the PS3 with launch dates aligned. After November thay are very close already.   

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
CrazzyMan said:
They won`t stop the release of AA GAMES on PS3, no matter what they write, PS3 is and will be a MUST HAVE console. =)
PS3 FTW!

AA games? I thought we were approaching AAAA status soon.

CrazzyMan said:
PS3 FTW!

I wish the buying public backed you up on that.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Not worse than Early 2007

PS3 couldn't pass 100k.

Around the Network

I love my PS3. Which is why it's so frustrating to see some of the marketing moves. Blu-ray can be marketed a bit better. But some of the game commercials are too abstract and borderline weird. They don't show much gameplay and when they do it's on the side of a building or in some manner where u can barely see the game. I mean literally some off-the-wall concepts that won't appeal to most people.

I buy consoles for their games... not the other way around.

manifestd said:
I love my PS3. Which is why it's so frustrating to see some of the marketing moves. Blu-ray can be marketed a bit better. But some of the game commercials are too abstract and borderline weird. They don't show much gameplay and when they do it's on the side of a building or in some manner where u can barely see the game. I mean literally some off-the-wall concepts that won't appeal to most people.

Its interesting to see the difference in approach to how Nintendo and Sony are marketing their products ... Neither focuses too heavily on the actual game, but Nintendo seems to focus their marketing on how people are having fun with the Wii while Sony seems to focus on the Wii being some sort of mysterious and cool product.

The mysterious product angle works if you peak people's interest, but (in my opinion) that approach could never work with the PS3 because everyone knows what a Playstation is and there really is no mystery about what a PS3 is.

charging 100$ for 80GB hdd and a one year old greatest hits (30$ value) game is worst than Microsoft's strategy with the 360. At least, give potential ps3 owners backward compatibility and more usb ports. It's ridiculous that there's only 2 usb ports for a 500$ machine. My 7 years old ps2 has 2 usb ports...

Yeah I think a good start would be to show people actually playing a game... maybe w/ a controller and a system somewhere in the commercial.  Then show people actually engrossed in the experience.  I don't want to see any more voodoo chicks and creepy kids. 

I remember those old 360 commericials with the kids jumping rope.  They were cool because they were tied to a concept... jump in.  So even though they was no game in the commericial it made sense.  I don't know what Sony's doing.  Somebody needs to be fired.

I buy consoles for their games... not the other way around.

MAbey sony could learn something from this?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)