By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How bad has square enix been for sony this gen

AaronSOLDIER said:
draik said:
FFXIII will sell just as much if not more on xbox 360, they have a larger userbase.

Square hasn't been bad to sony, they've been good to themselves.

No - it will sell more on PS3 guarenteed. Maybe not in the US or EU, but overall it will because it is exclusive in Japan and final fantasy always sells the most in Japan over any other region.

Yes ofcourse :D but I was just talking about europe/america.

Around the Network

nah SE has been bad bad bad this gen(handheld excluded) in terms of performance...

SE has been bad for SE

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

Bad for Sony? SE have a ton of quality PSP games in the pipeline, they're probably supporting the handheld more than Sony themselves...

I don't know how bad Square has been for Sony. I trust you know best, as you seem an expert in Japanese culture.

Lurker said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This post is hilarious.

Around the Network
Lurker said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lol sorry very amusing guys

but it are jrpgs, nothing too be mad about

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Lurker said:

Troll post of the year.

Actually it could have been worse but ps3 is still getting Last remnant FF13 and Versus 13 but problem is its taking too long.

SE doing business,they neither friend nor brother with Sony.SE just goes anywhere that make money.

Same as make FFVII for PS and leave N64 behind.