By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - House of the Dead Overkill: Footage of Glorious bad B-movies

Call me impress the details on the game are great:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/35462/Hands_On_Preview_The_House_of_the_Dead_Overkill.html

The video is mostly ingame, and they show the scraps and lines from a classic grindhouse movie. Now we need a hot chick with a huge afro and everything'll be perfect.

Around the Network

Looks fantastic, although the prequel premise doesn't excite me. Anyone who has played House of the Dead on the Wii (or any other console) knows that the story and dialogue are awful.

The graphics lloks like The Conduit definite buy I think SEGA will not charge 50 dollars for this...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

MontanaHatchet said:
Looks fantastic, although the prequel premise doesn't excite me. Anyone who has played House of the Dead on the Wii (or any other console) knows that the story and dialogue are awful.

After playing the PC version of the first game, I agree the story and dialogue are awful.  Oh well, I enjoy most retro themed games on the Wii so this grindhouse premise trumps the prequel premise.

Pixel Art can be fun.

yea looks really cool and graphics are really crisp too. wtf with that head rolling down the stairs

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

This looking to be awesome , makes me wanna go watch some them classic zombie flicks .

People saying that the dialogue and story is awful in the ol House of the Dead games obviously don't understand that it's supposed to be awful. I am pumped for this game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

coming in february already? damn, i need to finish the games i already have asap.

speaking of afro's they should make a blaxsploitation shoot em up too. Since copying Tarantino, who himself copies great classic genres, is clearly a good idea i think other games (fps or not) based on some 70's 80's genre films would be awesome.

Im thinking Superfly or other genres like kung fu. Drunken Master or Iron Monkey the game.

Damn see why don't people like me make videogames

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Sweet. They're running all the graphics through a film filter.

I never liked House of the Dead in the arcades, but I'm looking forward to dual-wielding my way to multiple goregasms.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.