By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why dont you put Homebrew Channel on your Wii?

taomaster06 said:
how do you put it on the wii?

Simple. If you have a twilight princess and an SD card. PM if youd like to know the whole process.

@KylieDog
Well like I said I made it sound harder. And NOT updating means NOT doing anything at all. So one less thing to do.

Around the Network

I'll put my two cents in

Wii updates DO NOT kill homebrew channel. Not a single Wii update has removed the homebrew channel yet. HOWEVER, what HAS happened is that the method for installing the homebrew channel has been blocked by various Wii updates.
If you already have the homebrew channel, you just wait a couple days before seeing whether it's worth updating or not. It's really not that hard, as I don't think the Wii even CAN update entirely on its own, you HAVE to confirm letting the update take place.

As far as Wii Shop channel is concerned, if you already have Wii homebrew, there's already a program you can run that will provide the Wii shop channel updates without the updates that block things.

The reason why I use it is to consolidate my emulators and roms. I can basically play all my games from NES, SNES, Sega, GB, GBC, GBA and eventually maybe N64 too, once the N64 emulator gets up to speed, I will literally only need that one single console to play every single past Nintendo game that I own.

Not only that, but the NES and SNES emulators are GOOD. you can use teh Wiimote to simulate the Wii Zapper,(it shows the reticule on screen) which means I can play the original duckhunt. Same for SNES games that use the superscope and mouse. (superscope works just about flawlessly, but the mouse needs a little work)

there's also Scummvm the point and click games like monkey island and pajama sam and the like. (don't diss pajama sam, that actually rocks pretty hard for the age group it targets)

Then of course there's also the media players, that let you use your SD card to play flv, avi, and whatever other files you want. I use my PS2 to handle DVDs, but the Wii handles all other media.

Quake Wii is incredible. I love how the controls and movement feel in that game FAR better than what I get with keyboard and mouse.

There's also various small scale Wii homebrew games, nothing really astounding just yet, but that will come with more time.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

My friend did it - and now he can't run/play any of the latest games. No thanks...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@shams Really? Never got that problem. What happens when he tries to play them exactly?

There is also an app being developed allowing for the use of an external hard drive.

I think the up take may just change when that little app is out

Around the Network
puffy said:
There is also an app being developed allowing for the use of an external hard drive.

I think the up take may just change when that little app is out

Only if you can save and load VC and Wiiware channels from it.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

To all of you saying that the homebrew channel is responsible for Mk Wii hackers wheres the proof because from my knowledge the homebrew cheating app dosn't work with online play.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

I installed it for the sake of Quake Wii. I'm going to try developing some stuff if I have the time (starting with an experiment on controls that TWRoO designed).

shams said:
My friend did it - and now he can't run/play any of the latest games. No thanks...

I never heard of any such case. Did he install any buggy applications on it, possibly something which corrupted the Wii's memory? That could happen which is why I don't install any application which saves stuff to memory.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Why do you want us to hack our Wii so much Valkyria00? Do you get 50 cents for every Homebrew channel installed?

Signature goes here!

I want Homebrew, But I dont know how.

I just want to play Totsunoko vs. Capcom on my Wii.