By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why dont you put Homebrew Channel on your Wii?

I know the main reason will be because your afraid of bricking your Wii but Id like to see if there are any other reasons.

Two big reasons for hacking my Wii were

1. Region Free
  2. Media Files (Videos: Scrubs & The Office!!!)

I will be enjoying Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes & Bleach: Versus Crusade this holiday. While some of you complain that they'll never come to NA or EU.

So why dont you hack your Wii?

If you dont know the process all it takes is SD card and Twilight Princess.

Around the Network

Nope, the only reason is that i'm afraid of bricking it and possibly that i'm lazy.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Bricking, possible Wii Shop Channel problems, really really lazy.

Falcon095 said:
Nope, the only reason is that i'm afraid of bricking it and possibly that i'm lazy.

I said bricking.....

Id sy trust me but yea. Your missing out.=/ Brickage is so slim its not even funny. They only put those warnings you know so you wont blame them if anything does go wrong,

RolStoppable said:
Aren't there any problems with system updates and thus access to the Wii Shop Channel?

System updates do disable HBC but you simply have to turn of WC24 or not accept the updaters.

As for the Wii Shop Channel they always release patches/fixes so you can get all the latest updates without having to update your system. Im still able to shop/download games of the Shop Channel. Even the Mii channel has work arounds.

Around the Network

Because there doesnt seem to be much advantage

I suppose region free would mean I could get games earlier and probably cheaper as well, but i don't speak Japanese, so there's the main advantage of region freeing it gone

scottie said:
Because there doesnt seem to be much advantage

I suppose region free would mean I could get games earlier and probably cheaper as well, but i don't speak Japanese, so there's the main advantage of region freeing it gone

Dunno if Fatal Fram IV was released in AU but yea theres your reason. You dont have to just import Japanese games. EU already has Disaster and Fatal Frame. The latter which I'll be also buying next year.

My japanese games are fighting games.....not much is needed.

funny i was going to pick up twilight this weekend it sounds easy im almost intrigued to try it xD

RolStoppable said:
Valkyria00 said:
RolStoppable said:
Aren't there any problems with system updates and thus access to the Wii Shop Channel?

System updates do disable HBC but you simply have to turn of WC24 or not accept the updaters.

As for the Wii Shop Channel they always release patches/fixes so you can get all the latest updates without having to update your system. Im still able to shop/download games of the Shop Channel. Even the Mii channel has work arounds.

Sounds like way too many problems for negligible gains.

Meh. I guess I might it sound harder than it is. You just run an little app and your done. I just wanted to be clearer. Dunno where you live but I also get FFIV and Disaster before  people in NA and like I said Tatsunoko vs. Capcom which is a game alot of Wii owners here want.

RolStoppable said:
Fatal Frame 4 is going to be released on February 6th in Europe.

And in North America on!....on!....

on.....