By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did the economic recession helps Wii and Nintendo? About the latest NPD...

Just to everyone know, Im talking here the saturation point before Ninty announced a new model like DS Lite and DSi did with the original DS. Maybe in that time we could finally see colored wiis and remotes. I like green wiis

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Does it really mater what color the Wii is as long as it keeps the blue light?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
yushire said:

Why? do you think the saturation point will hit in 50 million in america alone? D: Im talking in worldwide. In that time, the competiton have nothing to compete anyway, I think in that time HD consoles hits the saturation point.

The PS2 sold about 50m units in America, so I don't see any reason why the Wii wouldn't. The question is of course, will it end there? That's hard to tell right now, but probably it won't. Sales will start to decrease from there on though, but we'll have to wait and see how many millions beyond the 50m mark the Wii can get in America.

But there are models and itterations of the internal design and price cuts before the PS2 sold as it now in america right? We have yet to see that on the Wii and its still selling now even without those. And I think the original models could have saturation point soon and we could have a new model for the Wiis like what happened on DS...

@amp316----> I like colored Wiis, infact thats what is in the original trailer on E3 2006, I think they will have colored wiis when gamers starting to lose interest in white wiis anymore, and Im sure it will happen.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

The Wii doesn't have to rely on gimmicks like making it different colors or designing it to look like Pikachu.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Its even hardly a gimmick, they already did that with the DS with Ds lite and Dsi.

If a company keeps selling the sanme product of course it will cause a saturation point. If not, then we still have the sane ipods at launch for years. But we knew what happened, theres ipod nano, shuffle, video, mini and the original ipod and of course different drive space.

E3 2010- Tape runs out