By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - TF2 future update. Next class pack is scout, teleports and dispensers lv 3

Okay, I don't really post here, as I only play 1 PC game. Maybe there's a thread for this or something, if so - my bad, I apologize.

Anyway, http://www.teamfortress.com/

Teleporters will be upgradeable to level 3.

As the teleporter is upgraded, the cooldown will decrease.

• Dispensers will be upgradeable to level 3.
  • They will heal faster and generate metal faster as they are upgraded.

• Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground.

• We've made a bunch of minor changes by adding particle systems and upgrading the HUD to show things like deaths by critical hits, players that are overhealed, and giving more information to medics when people are calling for them.
  • The next class pack will be the Scout. One of the main goals we're focusing on for him has been to provide tools that make him useful in maps like Dustbowl & Goldrush. If you have any ideas for what you think would work well, post them over on the Team Fortress 2 Forum and we'll take a look.
  • We are actively working on a massive XBox 360 update, which will include pretty much everything we've shipped on the PC in the last year. We'll provide you with a rough date when we have one.
  • We're also working on bringing over a variety of engine improvements from Left 4 Dead into the TF2 engine, but it won't be a wholesale replacement of the engine. This means we'll get some of L4D's performance improvements, like the better multicore support, but not all of them. For example, we can't bring over some improvements without dropping support for DX8, which we're not prepared to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this makes sense. Scout is the least played class, and it also yields the 2nd least points pr hour (behind engie).

http://steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php

Also, level 3 dispensers seems great, being a member of the Builders League Union myself

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

*high fives*

Engineers for the win! =P

I'm glad to see the new updates.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

*high fives*

It doesn't state anything about when though. Seems that the engie stuff will come before the scout upgrade. It is needed for me though, when I play scout I always end up with 0.33 K/D ratio :( (compared to over 1.5 as engie and demoman, around 1 for the rest).

Still, if the upgrades are good, some scouts could become very, very good. I mean, there are great scouts who really use their speed, and can take out ungarded lv 3 sentries by running around them. They also pretty much beat anything but Soldier in close range, and pyros short range (or heavies any range).

This could make the scout even more like the spy/sniper. Not very good to normal people, but insanely good if one knows it.

This is awesome! The spy balance is going to be really interesting, though, especially on stage two of Dustbowl...

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Oyvoyvoyv said:
SHMUPGurus said:

*high fives*

It doesn't state anything about when though. Seems that the engie stuff will come before the scout upgrade. It is needed for me though, when I play scout I always end up with 0.33 K/D ratio :( (compared to over 1.5 as engie and demoman, around 1 for the rest).

Really? Just sneak behind guys with a baseball bat! It's almost as effective as the shotgun. o.O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
SHMUPGurus said:

*high fives*

Really? Just sneak behind guys with a baseball bat! It's almost as effective as the shotgun. o.O

Yeah... They tend to notice that while I'm still 50ft away. Either that, or some random pyro kills me. And if I actually do manage to sneak up to him from behind, he just brings out a bottle and crits me in the head :(

Meet the scout is the most misleading movie ever.

Holy crap I am going to start playing again!!!! Scout is actually my most played class. Well second after Medic because I was a whore when that update came out.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

full update

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is

The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded

Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets

Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage

Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs

The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)

Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get

There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit

Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water

Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier

Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Interesting, I wonder what they will do to the scout. Also very nice call on not dropping DX8 support.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Any nerf to demoman is A-OK with me.

Do teleporter upgrades require hitting the entrance or the exit? Because I can see it being pretty awkward to abandon your sentry so you can run back and level your teleporter.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.