By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It happened again (Wii>PS3)

Pakidan called this to my attention in Fishy's thread about milestones here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52447

The Wii is once again tracking above the PS3 when comparing Wii American sales to PS3 worldwide. This is the 4th time it has done this including the original launch period, then for a short time before PS3 launched in Europe, and again for a few months in late Summer and Autumn 2007 until the PS3 picked up in November with the price cut and 40GB.

And now, with this last week of data in with Wii at 521k in the Americas, and PS3 at 350k worldwide, the Wii has passed the PS3 and is 100k ahead.

evidence:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=------&start=39026&end=39789&weekly=1

Around the Network

Doesn't surprise me in the least..I kind of expected this would happen. I didn't think to make a point of saying it, because I figured most people expected it=P Neat piece of information none-the-less.

Wow thats terrible

mM

lol... how could you forget the Wii doesn't count... lol

That is what the MS guys says anyways.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I'm doing shit in the 10-week countdown thanks to crappy PS3 and too good Wii sales.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I'm doing shit in the 10-week countdown thanks to crappy PS3 and too good Wii sales.

Week 6 though you came second... I am just updating it now, and you were the best for the week on both Wii and 360, and being 6th for PS3 brought you down to 2nd for the week.

TWRoO said:
DMeisterJ said:

Week 6 though you came second... I am just updating it now, and you were the best for the week on both Wii and 360, and being 6th for PS3 brought you down to 2nd for the week.

Yeah, I just checked the thread.

Finally doing better.  At least I won't be at the bottom this week.

*The Wii is a FAD...*
Almost nobody says that anymore.... hheheh
AH the old days

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I would love to know what Sony thinks about that little graph up there.

ouch.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com