By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks FFXIV will come to wii?

It won't.Its simple really.Seeing how huge SE wants to make Fabula Nova Crystallis,there will not be another main FF installment until next gen.

Around the Network

Not me the series is more about graphics.

BengaBenga said:
I really don't think we'll see FF14 this gen.

Think about it: Earliest it will be end 2009 in Japan and then earliest June 2010 in the West. I expect next generation to start 2011 or 2012. A new Final Fantasy takes at least 3 years to develop. And in the meanwhile they still have versus to finish.

Anyway: it will not be on Wii. Final Fantasy is very much based on the graphics, so I really don't think they'll take a step backwards.

WiiHD could very well be possible though.

Nuh-uh.

SE has always sided with the most popular console..so..more money..

and looking at DS PSP comparison...sorry

by the time FFXIV will be mentioned..it's for Wii...

or for a next gen Nintendo console..

could always be for DS..

but obviously not for a (now) HD-console

Nah I dont think it will, I think Square will give the Wii KH2 instead, makes a lot more sense.

Around the Network

Just as a small, possibly ironic, note: I had to defend my love of Final Fantasy in elementary school against the other kids who made fun of the series because of its (at the time) weak graphics.

I've been having these graphic whore arguments a long time! :)

OT: I'd be surprised to see the next main Final Fantasy on Wii... but maybe it will depend on the success of DQX.

FFXIV.... NO. Spinoff like Agito or Versus of FFXIII, yes. Next gen for FFIV.

Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:

Think about it: Earliest it will be end 2009 in Japan and then earliest June 2010 in the West. I expect next generation to start 2011 or 2012. A new Final Fantasy takes at least 3 years to develop. And in the meanwhile they still have versus to finish.

Anyway: it will not be on Wii. Final Fantasy is very much based on the graphics, so I really don't think they'll take a step backwards.

They did that with DQ IX. Moved from PS2 to DS. The DQ series isn't as graphic heavy as FF, but still, it just shows they don't care about graphics ultimately as many seem to think, and rather care about sales potential.

Dragon Quest was never about graphics.
Final Fantasy however has a fanbase that cares about the graphics and amzing futuristic fantasy designs. If 13 would have been on wii it wouldn't have been a problem, but i don't see them switching platform during the generation, partly because 13 will create a fanbase on the PS360 and partly because of the graphical backwards step of the series.

I definitely think Wii will see a chapter in the XIII series though.

BengaBenga said:
Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:

They did that with DQ IX. Moved from PS2 to DS. The DQ series isn't as graphic heavy as FF, but still, it just shows they don't care about graphics ultimately as many seem to think, and rather care about sales potential.

Final Fantasy however has a fanbase that cares about the graphics and amzing futuristic fantasy designs. If 13 would have been on wii it wouldn't have been a problem, but i don't see them switching platform during the generation, partly because 13 will create a fanbase on the PS360 and partly because of the graphical backwards step of the series.

Final Fantasy was never about graphics, that's an invention of the current gen fanboys to fit into why Square wouldn't support the Wii (this came from lots of directions, including defeatist Wii fanboys). The Wii's graphics are perfectly capable of showcasing "amazing futuristic fantasy designs", just like the PS2's were.

I agree FFXIV may not show up on Wii, but it's not becuase of audience shift: the Wii's install base and the Dragon Quest avalanche will make up for that. It's just a matter of time. Square has spread themselves too thin with too many hyper-expensive projects this generation, and for that there's no help.

Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:

The graphic heavy fanbase was only formed this gen. Not an evergrowing/ongoing fanbase that started when the first FF came out or something.

But still, I don't expect XIV out this gen either way. I bet we'll see a Wii FF XIII game too.

Uhm, no. Sure VII looks awful, but the movies in the game were something never seen before on consoles. I don't even know on PC's. Really, the FF series is well known for great graphics. I hate 12, but it's one of the best looking last gen games and that on the weakest console.