By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks FFXIV will come to wii?

soccerdrew17 said:
sc94597 said:
indodude said:
The main FF series will go Multi plat for a while then go M$ exclusive, just like how the FF series slowly converted to PS1. Ok I might be crazy/

Announcing a game that everybody thought would go to the N64, for the PS as an exclusive isn't slowly converting.

the n64 prototype wasnt a dead give away that was coming to the ps1?

What prototype? You mean the tech demo that they used to show how to make a game in 3d. That wasn't really an FF7 prototype. Anyway that would just add more to the idea of it going to the N64 opposed to the PS.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
At the pace Final Fantasy XIII is coming along, part XIV won't be released before 2016.

I completely agree with this! And I believe that it is a huge reason why they might change their strategy and possibly go with the Wii.

I think they, as much as everybody else would, hate waiting 5-6 years for their investement to make some kind of return. Especially when the game will not sell any more copies than the previous generation's iteration that only took em 2-3 years to build. That's a helluva lot of extra cost with absolutely no extra return other than some sort of bragging rights.

Hard to say...

Maybe Haeresis XIII...

I totally forgotten about the fact that the Fabula Nova Crystallis is bigger than 3 titles, so for now, the main FFXIII is for PS3/360, FFvXIII is for PS3, FFaXIII is for PSP, maybe the next title in the compilation is for the Wii...

But the main FF14, i'll say it again, it will all depend how much FF13 sells on the PS3 in Japan, and on both platforms in the West... Dragon Quest X was a easier decision to take, Final Fantasy XIV is not...

may'be Final Fantasy Vii....7.

Around the Network

why would there not be a F14 this gen?

there were 3 on NES 3 on SNES 3 on PSX 3 on PS2 (if you count 11) and so far we have 1 announce this gen... this gen might not get 3 like all others... but it should get 2 at the min.

Also if it does move over to the Wii the wait will be shorter. At least that is my theory. If 14 goes to the Wii it will do so the year after DQX is released 2011. The Wii will still be alive and strong at that point (i would think)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I suspect it will be on the SWii (Ninty's 8th gen console)

KylieDog said:
bigjon said:

there were 3 on NES 3 on SNES 3 on PSX 3 on PS2 (if you count 11)

X, X-2, XI, XII.

Four.

X-2 was not a main game.  then u should also count tactics and chocobo and dirge of cerberus and on and on.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
KylieDog said:
bigjon said:

there were 3 on NES 3 on SNES 3 on PSX 3 on PS2 (if you count 11)

X, X-2, XI, XII.

Four.

X-2 was not a main game.  then u should also count tactics and chocobo and dirge of cerberus and on and on.

X-2 was closer to being a main game than XI was, by all accounts.

wfz said:
BengaBenga said:

Don't forget this one, it's really cool:

gaygamer.net? I won't pass judgement on people who visit that site of course, but there's no way in hell you're getting me to click a link that has gaygamer in it.

lol, I got pwnd by google! 

Btw, don't know what's going on with the pic. I inserted it as a picture, but apparently our very close friends of gaygamer don't allow that.

Is there something you want to share with us, benga...?

Males beware...

(I honestly didn't know there was a site called gaygamer, lol! I'm curious now)