By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does anyone remember the real MEGATON?

Man that was a long time ago and it still works its way into gaming nerds vocabulary. Who would have thought the announcement of a huge announcement that ended up dissappointing would make such an impact.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

Was a thought I had after reading through comments of two different news stories where people were saying MEGATON!!!11

Nuclear weapons?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

lawl. On second thought I looked back at the comments in question and at least one of the people seems to be someone from the forum I was around when the megaton happened. It might just be something used by anyone who actually hung around those forums. And thus you really wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Sorry, Moongoddess, I'm sure you understand totally whatever it is you're talking about due to some freak coincidence where people rarely ever say megaton around you, but I'm pretty sure I've heard it in numerous cases(not THAT frequent, but still not rare enough to pin down to one event), so I have no idea what particular event you're referring to.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

FFXIII????

Are you on some drugs that we should know about?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Are you talking about DMeisterJ losing his virginity?

Oh, wait...

i was always under the assumption it came from "megaton hammer" in ocarina of time

Oh, wait, is this the megaton you're referring to?
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18263

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Megatron?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.