By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Console Wars - XMas 1990

That was fun to watch, Things din't really change, and here we are now, with GAmes, not hardware with the wii.

^_^

Around the Network

I actually played all of those games. It is very nostalgic to see them again. back in the day I could play just about anygame non stop but of course some were just uber awesome and others were just to play.

Hmmm... opponents already have more advanced systems... Nintendo say it's all about the games... competition says Nintendo is for kids, even though their handheld is highly marketed towards adults... that sounds familiar...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

wow, thats creepy how similar this is to today

spdk1 said:
wow, thats creepy how similar this is to today

Why?  History often repeats itself.

Around the Network

That was so cool. That clip could be on today's news and still be relavant...Well not that exact clip, but you know what I mean. P.S. SNES >>>>>> Sega

P.P.S. "Sega does what Nintendon't" that was funny.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Loved the part about Gameboy. "A system that they're even marketing to adults!"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Haha, I like how under Howard Phillips they have the title "Nintendo Gamemaster", lol. What ever happened to HP anyway? I remember always seeing him in the "comics" in Nintendo Power magazine when I was a kid.

Also, Wow at the shoulder pads, hehe!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Notice how all the analysts predicted that Nintendo was finished, even with 90% of the home market? This is something that everyone seems to forget. In reality, the Genesis was absolutely crushed by the NES in 1990, and didn't achieve much of anything. 1991 was when the Genesis took off, with the release of Sonic the Hedgehog.

It was pretty remarkable to see how closely Nintendo has stuck to certain core values over time: not focused on technology, reaching out to different demographics, etc.

I loved seeing the old games and old industry figures. Tom Kalinske and Howard Phillips - hadn't seen them in ages!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:
Notice how all the analysts predicted that Nintendo was finished, even with 90% of the home market? This is something that everyone seems to forget. In reality, the Genesis was absolutely crushed by the NES in 1990, and didn't achieve much of anything. 1991 was when the Genesis took off, with the release of Sonic the Hedgehog.

It was pretty remarkable to see how closely Nintendo has stuck to certain core values over time: not focused on technology, reaching out to different demographics, etc.

I loved seeing the old games and old industry figures. Tom Kalinske and Howard Phillips - hadn't seen them in ages!

we all saw what happened the one gen they left their core values... and went with power... It killed them, and also ruined the next gen gamecube too...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut