By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves to use 100% of PS3's power?

I wish all this 'percentage of power' stuff would dry up and blow away. But I am very much looking forward to the game.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

You do know that Naughty Dog themselves said that anyone that says they are using x% of y consoles are full of crap correct?

I wish I could find the link for you but it looks like they've taken it down.  It use to be on their FAQ page but they've redesigned their webpage so don't know where the quote is anymore.  ;_;

I guess they got tired of looking like hypocrites?

WiiStation360 said:
That is not possible. How can you use 100% of something that is well know to be infinitely powerful, like The Cell? I call BS

This.

It's a well known fact that if a developer were to discover how to use 100% of the Cell effectively, they would also have unwittingly solved the very meaning of existence itself.

I always wondered:

If you really set it up t use 100% of the system's power, wouldn't the system eventually catch fire?

twesterm said:

You do know that Naughty Dog themselves said that anyone that says they are using x% of y consoles are full of crap correct?

I wish I could find the link for you but it looks like they've taken it down.  It use to be on their FAQ page but they've redesigned their webpage so don't know where the quote is anymore.  ;_;

Gebx still has that quote in his sig.

Also, in their defense, the quote was made at least 7 years back.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
twesterm said:

I wish I could find the link for you but it looks like they've taken it down. It use to be on their FAQ page but they've redesigned their webpage so don't know where the quote is anymore. ;_;

It doesn't really defend them much, since that quote would be more valid now than ever before.

Multi-core CPUs are harder to fully exploit, making the 30% claims less significant and the 100% claims more doubtful.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

This is most disappointing. I expect my consoles to perform at 101% or more. Naughty Dog needs to hire Don Shula to inspire them to perform above 100%.

i doubt its using 100 percent of all the systems of the ps3 ram,gpu and cell etc but one thing is for certain, uncharted 2 will be a technically and graphically more accomplished game than uncharted . I want to see gameplay now!

NJ5 said:
Dallinor said:
twesterm said:

I wish I could find the link for you but it looks like they've taken it down. It use to be on their FAQ page but they've redesigned their webpage so don't know where the quote is anymore. ;_;

It doesn't really defend them much, since that quote would be more valid now than ever before.

Multi-core CPUs are harder to fully exploit, making the 30% claims less significant and the 100% claims more doubtful.

I'm not sure who exactly made the quote, but it's possible that the management/staff at ND has changed a little bit in the past 7 years. That was my point.

do we really need a discussion on this??? every time a game being announce they'll hype it saying using a high % of any console, then the final product they'll change their words and saying it use only a small amount of % because their next installment will need to by hyped by saying it'll use another % value again. This process is repeated with every damn developers. As long a game looks good plays good and runs smoothly we dont give a crap if its running 50% or 100% of a consoles power. These figure is use to create hype only.