By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft: "[Home] feels like 2005 tech in 2008"

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
halogamer1989 said:
XBL Primetime will counter this plus the other things they have in store. They do have them, btw ;) CES 09 and E3 09 will feature major expansions. That is all folks....

Come on now was that really called for?

See the problem is, many find new features a spare time thing and outgrow them fast (video gamers, I told, are famous for technological short-term memory ;)  )  This will be a tit-for-tat and MSFT has the advantage of being a software company improving on services already established while they look @ the Home beta and come up w/ something on their own.  It's not personal; it's just business ;)

Around the Network
elendar said:
MikeB said:

Home seems a lot more useful for meeting with and becoming friends with similar minded gamers than anything Microsoft provides with XBox Live!

Meeting with people who visit the game rooms you like to visit (like Uncharted fans), talk about the game through headsets, add-on DS3 keyboard/touchpad and such. You like them (the much cooler and much more customizable avatars provide a first impression) you add them to your friend's list.

You can play some chess, checkers, bowling, pool, etc beforehand to be sure to do so.

In addition Playstation Home as well as lag-less online gaming are free services only needed an internet provider to take advantage of for everyone.

In many ways the PSN is already far ahead of what Microsoft's XBox Live provides, most importantly free lag free online gaming like 12 player Motorstorm: Pacific Rift online multi-player or with Resistance 2's lag free 60 player online multiplayer and 8 player co-op campaign or for example LittleBigPlanet with its huge library of shared user creativity.

XBox Live due to its headstart (and many so so XNA content) has more games to offer, but really the PSN already provides way higher quality exclusives including Warhawk, WipeOut HD, Super Stardust HD, etc, etc.

Music and video stores have been demoed and will be implemented into the PSN, I really don't see the point of Microsoft tapping themselves on the shoulder for something like XBox Live in comparison to what Sony's doing.

Ahh so sony lets you make friends, is lag free, and has better games!!! You are so full of shit I laugh at most of your posts.

Good job keeping the conversation civil and intelligent.

/sarcasm

on topic: I think that when more partners jump in and HOME gets more popular (or at least  sony hopes so) M$ will announce it's version of home, history repeating itself.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite