By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just bought a psp 3000 and...

@OP Grats!
Also check out the PSP Media Manager software from Sony's website for your PC, it's pretty cool

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Damn, you PS fan boys are so aggressive >_> Calm down you rabbid dogs, I never said the system sucked or the games where bad, I own one myself and i love it, But there's just a couple of games on the PSP that i actually love.

I have around 12 games on my PSP and 38 on my DS.

See but I'm the opposite Silent :P I think DS games suck ass xD I own Chrono Trigger, Brain age 1 and 2, and.... well that's about all I play :3 Granted I don't own much on the PSP, but I think it's titles are much better. Patapon, Loco-roco, GOW, Crisis Core, Jeanne D' Arc, WipEout, Wild Arms (PS1 classic), Castlevania SOTN (another PS1 classic) to name a few, I have a pretty big list of stuff I need to pick up and or finish, I just don't really have time for handheld gaming xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Good, good.

Good choice on the PSP. Unless you want retro side scrollers or games that are heavy on touch and click the PSP is the better of the two handhelds. DS is good if you prefer playing TicTacToe, Crossword, Designing Clothes, Brian Age, Memory Game, Chess, see how many ballons you can pop by pointing at them before the time runs out etc.

The touch screen does an awful job for action games. StarFox you have some ridiculous scheme where you draw things on the bottom screen to do different moves. Draw a an 'X' so do a barrel roll. Tap the left of the screen to shot your vulcan, tap the right of the screen to shot missles. The majority of the games are like this. Zelda, awful control, Metriod, awful control.

Then there are DS games with the Sega CDesque to them. Solve some murder in a hotel as some kind of lawyer. Asphalt for DS was the worst racing game I've played in awhile.

The only games I played that I thought were worth playing, without some ridiculous controls or double screen gimmick or a port from the N64, SNES that I've beaten to death, were Mario Kart and The New Mario Brothers.

PSP gets your 3 Socom games, RachetandClank, Clank, JoanD'Arc, God of War, Medal of Honor, Killzone, Resistance, Final Fantasy, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear, Need for Speed, MidNight Club and of course download stuff from the PSN onto your memory stick, not possible with the DS until the DSi comes here.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

Around the Network
SlorgNet said:
Congrats on the PSP. Got the 2000 version, myself, one sweet machine, though I may upgrade to the 3K, because sunlight does tend to wash out my screen.

For those of you who want to run videos on your PSP: there's lots of good freeware to transcode media into the PSP's .mp4 format, e.g. MPEG Streamclip for the Mac and Pazera for PC. (I'm sure there are others, but these work for me.) One hint: sometimes videos won't play due to obscure formats, make sure the file output is set to 320 x 240. Just convert the file, plug in your PSP to your computer's USB port with a cable (sold separately), drag and drop to the "VIDEO" folder, and you're good to go. Happy transcoding!

@Slorg,

Thanks for the info.  I've been looking for a good/free transcoding software for Mac for a long time.  I'll try this out.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Silentburritoassasin said:
Grats, too bad it lacks good games, only a handfull are awesome :(

119 psp "good or green " games

compared to 125 "good or green" DS games.

If you count  average games rated 70 and above, then it would be:

PSP =  185

DS = 207

And a month ago the psp was ahead in both. (metacritic, or course)

Far from a handful, don't you agree I believe you meant new releases?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive