By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get fallout 3?

Yes, but with a caveat. I'd say you should only get it if you like playing THE GAME OF THE YEAR.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
rocketpig said:
Yes, buy it. Not the greatest game ever, but a solid 8/10 from me. I spent 35 or so hours on it, which is A LOT from me.

I actually have to force myself to stop hating Bethesda for a bit after playing through the game. Considering I make a full-time hobby of mocking that company, that statement says a lot about the game...

Holy crap? You actually like it? You were the absolute most venomous person on Earth and would trash anyone that said anything positive about this game earlier this year. What the hell made you change your mind man? You still can't kill kids in the game.

Damn now I need to know how Naz feels about it. He was the other one.

I didn't expect Bethesda to do so much right. They went way out of their sphere with this game. It's not very funny, but there are humorous parts. It still pretty much fails as a Fallout game when it comes to funny anecdotes, but the world was nailed better than I ever dreamed possible in 3D, some of the quests are flat-out amazing (the Tranquility Lane quest), and overall, Bethesda really went above and beyond with this game.

My first pick to take over this franchise would have been BioWare but after seeing Bethesda slip in just enough Oblivion to keep Fallout completely open, I'm not so sure anymore.

It has faults, don't get me wrong. But it's far better than I ever expected.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/