By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are PS3 figures so low this close to Xmas?

Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
200 vs 400

Enough said

Except the 360 SKU that's selling the most is the 60gig.

Why are people going to pay more for a PS3 when they can get the same quality multiplats (and better in some cases), a bigger library of games, more game genre variation, netflix, NXE, Live, etc? The economy isn't helping, either. Also, cheaper Blu-Ray players now.

Sony fanbots on this site are so delusional.

can u prove it ?

to me, best selling sku is arcade ?

who is right ?

@OP,

At the end, Xbox360 is selling amazingly well while PS3 is selling "just" ok ... guess which is the cheapiest and which get the price cut ?

It remembers me a thread I wanted to create :

WEC is the best Xbox360 system seller !!!!!!! 

(World Economic Crysis)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
200 vs 400

Enough said

Why are people going to pay more for a PS3 when they can get the same quality multiplats (and better in some cases), a bigger library of games, more game genre variation, netflix, NXE, Live, etc? The economy isn't helping, either. Also, cheaper Blu-Ray players now.

Id point you to the black friday article that mentions that the arcade made up for half of Xbox sales, but Im too busy being a fanbot

lol thats what i called getting owned

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
200 vs 400

Enough said

Id point you to the black friday article that mentions that the arcade made up for half of Xbox sales, but Im too busy being a fanbot

lol thats what i called getting owned

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

TWRoO said:
dolemit3 said:
No price cut == no rise in sales. Do the math.

That's why the Wii is struggling too.

come on ...

we are mostly talking about the PS3-360 fight

and it is not like the Wii is a 400$ ...

Time to Work !

TWRoO said:
dolemit3 said:

you have been here long enough to know the wii was a global sellout & still is....more supply = more sales in this case

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
reask said:

I mean I dont want to rain on vg numbers but this close to Xmas you would imagine all sales would be way up.

Most folks I know get there big money items 3 or 4 weeks prior to Xmas.

If these figures are correct it would appear to me the PS3 is going to have a bad holiday 08 sales wise.

I mean 176k compared to 322k for 360 would be really bad for PS3 making any sort of impact.

Your thoughts on these figures maybe, are they right or is the ps3 been way undertracked in others on this site.

Your assumptions are wrong.

- For video games, the week before Xmas is the biggest sales week.

- PS3 sales aren't low, it's 360 sales that are high.

We have charts for all this that you can use to view last year's sales, try using them:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?reg1=America&reg2=America&reg3=America&start=39040&weekly=1

leatherhat said:
Infamous said:
leatherhat said:
200 vs 400

Enough said

Yeah, that's one of my favorite articles to use against fanbots who say "200 vs 400," because it's saying the other half % of 360s sold were 60gigs and Elites, which decimates the 200 vs 400 excuse. But that was Black Friday. Not only do I work at Gamestop (Kings Hwy in Brooklyn,NY if anyone's around and wants to talk about numbers) and get #'s from co-workers, but my local best buy always has 60gigs sold out first, and my friend in Bay Ridge tells me it's the same at his BB/Toys 'R Us.

Maybe Brooklyn doesn't mean much, but it just goes to show that even in poverty (and Bk is big on poverty) people prefer the all-around 60gig. The majority of people who buy arcades, as far as I've seen, seems to be exteme casuals or people getting a gift and no nothing about HD systems. Alot of people don't even care about the harddrive.

One of the other things I see alot, as well (which is real smart actually) are people buying Arcades but then getting a new/used 120gb HDD to go with it.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

IMO the PS3 is an over priced hunk of junk, the games that are on both the 360 and PS3 almost always come out looking far superior on the 360 and the PS3 friend system and online play is a joke. THIS IS IMO!!!
I sold my PS3.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
TWRoO said:
dolemit3 said:

you have been here long enough to know the wii was a global sellout & still is....more supply = more sales in this case

Oh, no... I agree with you Darth. It's price point saturation.

The Wii hasn't had a price cut because it is still in high demand for it's price, I was merely quipping.

DKII said:
reask said:

I mean I dont want to rain on vg numbers but this close to Xmas you would imagine all sales would be way up.

Most folks I know get there big money items 3 or 4 weeks prior to Xmas.

If these figures are correct it would appear to me the PS3 is going to have a bad holiday 08 sales wise.

I mean 176k compared to 322k for 360 would be really bad for PS3 making any sort of impact.

Your thoughts on these figures maybe, are they right or is the ps3 been way undertracked in others on this site.

Your assumptions are wrong.

- For video games, the week before Xmas is the biggest sales week.

- PS3 sales aren't low, it's 360 sales that are high.

We have charts for all this that you can use to view last year's sales, try using them:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?reg1=America&reg2=America&reg3=America&start=39040&weekly=1

You are right it was an assumption but compared to everything else it is last.