By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats Next For Nintendo?

oh I see..you're assuming the next console of Nintendo won't sell AT ALL

ah...veyr, very clever, but no..

it will sell..even if it sells like the PS360 right now iut will make a profit..and yes..software defines a console indeed..and knowing Ninendo's game quality..

again..look at N64 and GC

lol..obviously they will pull through..and that is THE worst case scenario..

I'm sorry...but you seem to think Nintendo won't sell a console or handheld..

so WHAT is MS jumps in?..Sony jumped in..Nintendo is still owning..MS jumps in..

so? Nintendo still owning probably..

so..

techincally..you want to assume the worst of the worst will happen to Nintendo JUST to give the others a chance

Around the Network

Nintendo was never in financial danger of falling out of the industry, certainly. Their relevance was on the downslide, and they probably would have left the industry if Wii and/or DS had failed (Iwata said it himself, though not in those exact words)

But now Nintendo probably has one helluva war chest, and they could stand a generation or two of GC-style failure, so long as they sustained profits throughout, as they always have

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

They have the advantage this time of going in with some room to breathe. The GC and the early days of the DS were nervous times for them, because even they weren't sure their new strategy would work. Not they know that it does and they've reaped the rewards. They can now throw a lot more resources into developing their next set of handhelds and consoles as the market leader and with renewed brand strength and recognition among consumers.

Phoenix_Wiight said:
well. if they want to win, this is what they need to do-

1) Improve Wiimote
2) Be up to par with the graphics next gen, have them be just as good as the new xbox and playstation so all the non exclusive games are on the Wii2
3) Package an extra controller with the Wii2 that doesn't use motion controls, so no one can complain about not liking them
4) Grab a lot more casual AND hardcore attention within this gens (the Wii's) lifetime
5) Continue making great games.
6) Get more 3rd party support

I'll repeat in case this isn't driven home enough. Package an extra controller with the Wii2 that doesn't use motion controls, so no one can complain about not liking them

This is the primary reason I won't play many games on the Wii.  Im glad people love their wii sports, wii music, mario galaxy, zelda, etc with the wiimote.  I don't and the wiimote makes the kind of games I like bad compared to their PS360 brothers.  Hell i'd take the monsters that were the N64 and GC controllers over the wiimote for most games.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
well. if they want to win, this is what they need to do-

1) Improve Wiimote
2) Be up to par with the graphics next gen, have them be just as good as the new xbox and playstation so all the non exclusive games are on the Wii2
3) Package an extra controller with the Wii2 that doesn't use motion controls, so no one can complain about not liking them
4) Grab a lot more casual AND hardcore attention within this gens (the Wii's) lifetime
5) Continue making great games.
6) Get more 3rd party support

I'll repeat in case this isn't driven home enough. Package an extra controller with the Wii2 that doesn't use motion controls, so no one can complain about not liking them

This is the primary reason I won't play many games on the Wii.  Im glad people love their wii sports, wii music, mario galaxy, zelda, etc with the wiimote.  I don't and the wiimote makes the kind of games I like bad compared to their PS360 brothers.  Hell i'd take the monsters that were the N64 and GC controllers over the wiimote for most games.

This would be a great idea... if you want Nintendo to fail.

Nintendo has invested lots of time and energy into getting gamers and especially developers to accept the Wiimote.  To make it, or a similar controller for next gen, non-standard would undo all of that work.

It is quite clear that the majority of gamers like motion controls (based on sales), but given the chance, it seems like most developers would jump ship.  Developers still can't seem to get their heads around this idea, and would much rather run away than to try something new.  Nintendo should not give them that opportunity.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Maybe they don't even know.That why they keep making new ds redesigns.