By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here thinks FFVXIII will go multiplat.?

RPG said:
BengaBenga said:
It's a no-brainer if FF13 sells well on 360.
With well I mean well over a million.

For you it is a no brainer, for someone who runs a business is a fanboy it is anything but a no brainer.

Fixed.

Versus13 will probably be a very expensive game, so from a business perspective it's a no-brainer. Not saying there's no market for exclusives. MGS4 is proof it can work. But FF spin-offs can't be expected to sell like the main series. 

Around the Network

You called FF Versus a spin off, do you know what a spin off is? I guess not, it;s OK though the mods here are all fan boys of there respective games consoles.

BengaBenga said:
RPG said:
BengaBenga said:
It's a no-brainer if FF13 sells well on 360.
With well I mean well over a million.

For you it is a no brainer, for someone who runs a business is a fanboy it is anything but a no brainer.

Fixed.

Versus13 will probably be a very expensive game, so from a business perspective it's a no-brainer. Not saying there's no market for exclusives. MGS4 is proof it can work. But FF spin-offs can't be expected to sell like the main series.

Fixed, wrong Versus XIII is NOT a spin-off Nor is Agito did you even read up on what the XIII series is going to be about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis_Final_Fantasy_XIII this should clear some things up.

Eachgame thats based off "XIII" is its own game none are spin-off's of eachother they all take place in the same universe yet are not related with one another, therefore...

Precisely, people need to find out the meanings of words become they start throwing them around. This game is being made by the KH team and the head is Nomura, they last thing you will see is them being made to make spin offs.

I agree with BengaBenga Versus will be very expensive though, the game is running off a modified version of the crystal told engine which FFXIII is being made on. However anyone who thinks this game will not sell well as a PS3 exclusive is in serious denial, easily 2 million seller is everything goes wrong.

RPG said:
You called FF Versus a spin off, do you know what a spin off is? I guess not, it;s OK though the mods here are all fan boys of there respective games consoles.

So now I'm a fanboy because I called the holiest of holy Versus 13 a spin-off? Don't make me laugh. If it's not the main series it's a spin-off. Simple as that. No matter how many games they'll make in the Fabula XIII series there will only be one FF13. Or do you call X-2 a main series game as well? And by the way, before E3 no-one would say that versus isn't a spin-off.

Your problem is that you think a spin-off is a bad thing, that's your intererpretation though. I never said anything about the quality. If anything I said it would be expensive and therefore a quality title.

And I don't think 2 million will cut it to comply to SE's sales projections.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
RPG said:

So now I'm a fanboy because I called the holiest of holy Versus 13 a spin-off? Don't make me laugh. If it's not the main series it's a spin-off. Simple as that. No matter how many games they'll make in the Fabula XIII series there will only be one FF13. Or do you call X-2 a main series game as well? And by the way, before E3 no-one would say that versus isn't a spin-off.

Your problem is that you think a spin-off is a bad thing, that's your intererpretation though. I never said anything about the quality. If anything I said it would be expensive and therefore a quality title.

Agreed, with about 45% of your post but @ the Bolded... OH HELL NO! you did not just say that.. >_>

Read through the whole post and no, you have no clue about what a spin off is. I dont think your a fanboy because of the Versus comment, your past shows that clearly. I am not going to call anyone a fanboy due to being misinformed, that is a truly silly thing to do. I dont remember Versus being called a spin off before FFXIII was announced for 360, what are you implying here?

About comparing FFXIIIv to X-2........just LOL

BengaBenga said:
RPG said:

I look at it differently. They're two different stories with the same foundation (crystals), just like ying and yang one is more upbeat and the other darker. They're not the same but they complement eachother.

Why are people forgetting about Agito? That sounds like the best of the 3, so many features I cant believe it's a PSP game.

RPG said:
Read through the whole post and no, you have no clue about what a spin off is. I dont think your a fanboy because of the Versus comment, your past shows that clearly. I am not going to call anyone a fanboy due to being misinformed, that is a truly silly thing to do. I dont remember Versus being called a spin off before FFXIII was announced for 360, what are you implying here?

About comparing FFXIIIv to X-2........just LOL

Criticism backed by facts is often regarded as fanboyism for some reason. Don't know why. Maybe because the truth hurts.

I'm certainly a big Nintendo fan, but last gen I can easily say the PS2 crushed the GC in game time for me. N64-gen same thing. So yeah, I used to like Sony a lot.

I'm also a big Final Fantasy fan, and until it was announced on 360 I was sure the PS3 would have been my 2nd console.

And I really don't see what's so strange about comparing X-2 with VsXIII. For me it's really exactly the same. High budget but no main series. And I'm really sure that in 5 years time we all look back on Versus the same we we now look back on X-2.

They're two different stories with the same foundation (crystals)

There are actually quite a lot FFs that evolve around crystals, spin offs and main series alike.