By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix was working on FFXI for PS3 but called it off

Square Enix was working on __________ for PS3 but called it off.

I wonder if FF:XI is the only correct answer?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NiKKoM said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Instance56 said:
Seems like a good time to announce its made its way to the wii with Dragon quest. mmm.

The Wii isnt powerful enough to handle MMO's sorry.

Ehm... FFXI on the ps2??

Sure, but it was crap, no lag would be very nice in an MMO if possible.

Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast? I hear that was pretty popular.

Anyway, shame they cancelled it, but I'm not sure of how it would have sold anyway.

Tyrannical said:

what else do you think there was? And reading the article it sounds like is was in the very very early stages  which means no problem with scrapping it. I doubt SE had the man power to do this + what they are working on now + more. i think your just trolling though

Gnosis said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NiKKoM said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Instance56 said:
Seems like a good time to announce its made its way to the wii with Dragon quest. mmm.

The Wii isnt powerful enough to handle MMO's sorry.

Ehm... FFXI on the ps2??

Sure, but it was crap, no lag would be very nice in an MMO if possible.

Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast? I hear that was pretty popular.

Anyway, shame they cancelled it, but I'm not sure of how it would have sold anyway.

Phantasy Star Online is a Mission based MMO not full fledged like WoW. so its not really an MMORPG in any case.

In a Dutch news message it even said that Sony refused to update emulation for PS2 BC on the earlier PS3 consoles and for that... SE is absolutely right. Sony did not know how fast to break the PS2 BC from out of the PS3.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Tyrannical said:

what else do you think there was? And reading the article it sounds like is was in the very very early stages  which means no problem with scrapping it. I doubt SE had the man power to do this + what they are working on now + more. i think your just trolling though

Well, we'll see if Last Remnant still gets ported, or Star Ocean 4.

DQ 10, was it always intended as a Wii game? And what about Kingdom Hearts? Would it be shocking if development moved from the PS3 to the Wii?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Final Fantasy XI for Wii confirmed. XD

Honestly the mystery MMORPG for PS3 in the article probably doesn't exist.