By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X for Wii confirms new Zelda for 09

Grahamhsu said:
No it's not...It's about the same as having Tales of Vesperia and Gears of War 2 in the same year..oh wait that did happen =P

Tales isn't a killer app. The last on was Tales of Rebirth for PS2. The other Tales just went like a good tittle.

No way Tales compares to series like QD, Zelda, Gears, Halo, Gran Turismo. Just no way.

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:

All of you can see that people is already screaming around in circles. Wii just got the new iteration of the most important Square-Enix franchise: Dragon Quest X. (I'm not really surprised to be honest)

So, according to SE development cicles, DQX is most likely to be released in 2010.

The Next Zelda for Wii, is already on the works, for almost shure it won't release in the same year as DQX, because they are 2 Huge killer APP's.

So, if 2010 it's the most obvius release year for SE's game, Zelda won't arrive in 2011, that's too late considering 2006 was the arrival of Twilight Princess.

So Zelda for our Wiis in 2009??

Im sorry but you should have said "In my Opinion" with that one, since i dont consider dragon quest to be SE's biggest franchise truth be told i didnt even know SE made dragonquest games besides 8.

All in all IMO Final Fantasy is there greatst series, though its been watered down as of late i feel XIII and Versus XIII will bring the final fantasy name a back to its RPG throne.

I chose Tales not because it's a killer app but because it's a title that's big in Japan and Gears is a title that's big in US similar to the situation as Zelda and DQ10. I have a feeling this thread is going to derail into one of those LoZ is an RPG/LoZ is not an RPG

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

possibly the worst source I've ever heard to start a topic with

of course, I'm talking about Zelda Wii, since there are already millions of topic about DQX

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well, we're getting Wii Sports Resort in '09, that's a huge megaton AAA title as well, so my guess is Nintendo'll shock us all and announce a new Zelda in the coming days and release it in time for christmas this year! :) Yeah! That makes tons of sense!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

You think Nintendo is going to base the release of one of their biggest franchises based on what some other company is doing? Nintendo will release Zelda when Nintendo wants to and nobody else can do anything to sway them on that one.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well i don't see why they can't release them the same year. Lets not forget one thing. DQ is not that popular outside of Japan.. I felt sorry for DQVIII's support outside of Japan. Hell DQVIII sold more in Others than it did in the Americas. Zelda however is very big outside of Japan. So they're not going to really affect each other's sales.
I'm actually surprise to see so many people excited about DQX on the wii. Past sales would show that you people don't care too much for it unless you're japanese.
Also here's one thing you should also consider. Zelda is usually a simultaneous global release. DQX is a Japanese release, than many months later released for other nations. Zelda+DQX(JPN) can be 2010, and DQX Others+NA can be 2011!

Also, have you pooped ur pants lately? lol i just had to say it...

Lol at OP thinking DQ is S-E biggest franchise. DQ is only really strong in Japan.

Final Fantasy is easily S-E's biggest franchise.

But that's not the point, the fact that one of S-E premier franchises is getting it's next installment on the Wii is very significant. (as I said in the other DQ 10 thread)

One_touch_KO said:

All of you can see that people is already screaming around in circles. Wii just got the new iteration of the most important Square-Enix franchise: Dragon Quest X. (I'm not really surprised to be honest)

So, according to SE development cicles, DQX is most likely to be released in 2010.

The Next Zelda for Wii, is already on the works, for almost shure it won't release in the same year as DQX, because they are 2 Huge killer APP's.

So, if 2010 it's the most obvius release year for SE's game, Zelda won't arrive in 2011, that's too late considering 2006 was the arrival of Twilight Princess.

So Zelda for our Wiis in 2009??

If SE says DQ X in 2010 it's likely it will only release in the US in 2011 if they do not change drastically their localization process, so there is room until then for Zelda, it doesn't have to be 2009

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Retro Zelda in 2009 maybe, but not Zelda Wii.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"