By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - no plans for netflix on PS3

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2336531,00.asp

Sony has no plans to offer Netflix functionality on the PS3, according to hardware marketing director John Koller.

"We've concentrated most of our efforts on our download service, both rentals and downloads of movies and TV shows," Koller said in an interview with GamePro. "Our efforts will continue to be there, because our customers want to own the content."

Koller downplayed the importance of the Netflix agreement.

"I was in a focus group in New York recently, and the topic of Netflix came up with a group of Xbox 360 owners. [Most of] those people weren't aware of the Netflix agreement," he said.

I think this is bad for PS3 owners.  I'm really enjoying Netflix on 360.

Around the Network

Too bad, Netflix is awesome. I can watch movies I normally wouldn't buy or rent.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I guess ms paid lots of $$$$$$$ to have netflix exclusivly on xbox

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

ANOTHER thread about this????

4 ≈ One

otoniel said:
I guess ms paid lots of $$$$$$$ to have netflix exclusivly on xbox

Troll troll troll troll!!!

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network

Screw Sony, they forced Netflix to to cancel a movie I was watching halfway through on XBox because Sony had rights to it.

Is there no way to play netflix on PS3? Even if you get an OS for it?

PS3 Trophies

ManusJustus said:
Screw Sony, they forced Netflix to to cancel a movie I was watching halfway through on XBox because Sony had rights to it.

Spider-man 3?

PS3 Trophies

Why would a company trying to push Blu-Ray, offer easy to stream movies..

I know you get get movies through PS3 now, but you have to pay for each one, with Netflix it's only $8.95 a month for unlimited streaming.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

wouldnt be suprised if sony offers streaming abilities of its own in an update in the not to distant future....maybe even its own subscription service