By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Recent XBLA Purchases

Last night i finally got Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Mega Man 9.

I can't believe both games are $10 dollars, i've had a lot more fun with these gems than most full priced games this year.

So has anyone tried these out before? Do you guys like em?

Around the Network

I've picked up a few in the last couple of weeks

XBLA

SFII.... HD Love it
A Kingdom for Keflings- Fun game, which is very laid back. I like playing to wind down after COD/GOW

Community Games

Word Soup- Big fan of word puzzles/ word scramble games. One of the best of the Community Games
Easy Golf- Love the fact you can build your own courses for the games, and then play them with friends online

yes, SFII HD is so fuckin addicting

Sadly i diasgree with you on both of those. Megaman 9 was an excercise in frustration as it was filled with cheap deaths...

A lot of 8 bit gamers grew up with this cheapness, but I started gaming with the 16 bit generation...hence megaman pissed me off to the point I have actually transfered the rights to the game to my freinds xbox.

Bionic commando was ok but not as fun as some other xbl games this summer in my opinion. The levels where there is no light are not fun to play at all plus the game doesn't know what its trying to do, so it does everything (sidescrollign shooter, platforming, top down shooter). And it doesn't do anything perticularly well... I liked the training rooms the most.

However, I agree that xbox live is an amazing source of excellent games. SF2HD, Castle crashers, Duke nukem, Portal...they come in many shapes and sizes and mos tof them are great fun.

Those two? No....Found them both rather dissapointing. Get Castle Crashers!!!

Around the Network

my next buy is castle crashers, i'm just waiting for behemoth to release the patch to fix the online

I finally got Castle Crashers. Great game. Definitely worth the $15.

XBLA and even CGs are certainly the wave of the future. $50 can buy you MONTHS of game play. The $5 and $10 Arcade Hits section is replete with tons of stuff.

And everyone should buy Marble Blast Ultra since I work for that developer :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

And I think it is possible that I spend more time with XBLA games than my full games. The most games on Xbla are very addicting like for example Kingdom for a kefling.

@Mrstick: I have marble Blast Ultra if I knew you work there I would not have bought it......J/K.

Anyway I have now more than 30 Arcade games I love them.....

nice job konniciwa, i think i barely have around 11 arcade games,

few games i still want

Prince of Persia remake
Alien Hominoid
Castle Crashers
Braid
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Ikaruga (i already own the GC version)

i played bionic commando...not really my sort of game. only tried the demo for mega man...farthest i made it was past the first pit...tried about dozen times and said "fuck it...fucking thing sucks!"

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur