By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Due to Sony's dire straits, what if they were to pull out...

of the console biz?  They could still have PSPs but the PS3 is looking like it will need to stay on the market for 15 years in order to make any financial back in black return.  I am not speaking from a want of it, but rather a biz perspective.  Thoughts?

Around the Network

Why would they pull out just when they're almost starting to make money again?

You know Benga put up an official thread for this a bit ago. Seems pointless to create a second one.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I thought benga put a stop to threads like this...

Griffin said:
I thought benga put a stop to threads like this...

tatatata: to the rescue!

Indeed, please use the official PS3 is dooooomed thread or post in Bods thread about todays Sony financial news.

Around the Network

sony is the new nintendo folks.

we used to hear loads of this same crap last gen, nintendo should stick to handhelds and turn 3rd part in consoles, look how that turned out.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

this isnt a "sony is doomed" thread. its a "how would sony withdrawing from the console market affect it."

well. it saves them some money on development of the ps4. money they could spend on their psp. money that could be diverted to other parts of the company due to a tough economic situation. perhaps even make some money selling it off. im sure some of the shareholders would be happy.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur