By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY - Heavy Rain to be of a new genre -- "Interactive Drama"

Hey, I remember these games on the PC... what was that one called with the detective??

*gonna google

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I've been hyped for this game for a while now but I think I'm in the minority. I didn't even like Indigo Prophecy as much as others but this game looks like it's on an entire different level. It looks like an interactive movie. Sony might lose money because they put so much money in projects like these but it's also the same reason I love my PS3, Sony always gives us increadible experiances you can't find anywhere else, like Shadow of the Colossus.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
I've been hyped for this game for a while now but I think I'm in the minority. I didn't even like Indigo Prophecy as much as others but this game looks like it's on an entire different level. It looks like an interactive movie. Sony might lose money because they put so much money in projects like these but it's also the same reason I love my PS3, Sony always gives us increadible experiances you can't find anywhere else, like Shadow of the Colossus.

I thought Heavy Rain was suppose to be a very hyped game.  The game will sell very well because there will be plenty of gamers that will be compelled to play this game.

Khuutra said:
Do people just like pretending Indigo Prophecy never existed?

My thoughts exactly, personally this game isn't appealing to me as I didn't enjoy Indigo but to those that did more power to ya.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Doesn't it just make this game a RPG? Anyway its only got the eye candy nothing else. Gameplay will be very stale.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Solid_Raiden said:

I thought Heavy Rain was suppose to be a very hyped game.  The game will sell very well because there will be plenty of gamers that will be compelled to play this game.

Really? I don't hear of much hype from this game. And when it is mentioned it's usually next to Alan Wake which people seem to believe will be better. Personally I'm hyping them both but I'm expecting Heavy Rain to be the better game. That on stage demonstration they gave blew my mind. It reminded me of an interactive movie that was a mix between Seven and Zodiac. I can just imagine playing scenes like that and how intense they must be and the freedom of it all was impressive. It seems to fold out fluidly and believably. And like I said, i didn't even like Indigo Prophecy, but this looks like the formula for IP has been refined, retuned, and perfected.

PS3 Trophies

ultimate_123 said:
Doesn't it just make this game a RPG? Anyway its only got the eye candy nothing else. Gameplay will be very stale.

I don't think being able to change the story based on the players decisions is consdiered stale.  The game is not an RPG.  The game doesn't have any of the numerical stats that RPGs have.

@Solid_Raiden

What happened to those graphic whores that would eat any game up that has amazing graphics?  Does it have anything to do with the game's interactive drama mentality?

I am looking forward to this game. It could be the 2009 version of LittleBigPlanet in terms of uniqueness and originality.

Riachu,
Yea, I've heard graphic whores say how beautiful and how great the graphics are but is that enough? I never hear anyone talk about the actual game, you know?

PS3 Trophies

Graphics are impressive, to say the least

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot