By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY - Heavy Rain to be of a new genre -- "Interactive Drama"

The stunning looking Heavy Rain looks set to be Sony's big hope for the PS3 in 2009, Worldwide Studios big wig Michael Denny describing the title as an "interactive drama", highlighting the unique nature of the controls and the emphasis on atmosphere and plot.

"Looking forward to next year, a game like Heavy Rain, it's trying to do something very new, whether you call that the adventure genre, action adventure, we're calling it interactive drama, and it's about trying to create an emotional connection with the game," he told GI.biz.

Waxing lyrical on the new title, he said the game will appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers, Denny stating "it's really not played on the control pad, as much as in your head. It's about making choices and consequences, it's not about twitch gaming and how good you are."

Specific details remain somewhat scant on this PS3 exclusive, but developer Quantic Dream cut their teeth on critical successes such as Fahrenheit, so we're keeping an open mind.

http://play.tm/news/22548/denny-talks-up-heavy-rain-drama/

Sounds VERY promising imho!

I hope it lives upto be everything it is meant to be.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

this game will live or die by the story

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

"Interactive Drama" it hasn't (really) been tried since the early 1990s with CD-Rom games that were (almost) always awful ...

how do I get rid of the ads in the OP?

HappySqurriel said:

"Interactive Drama" it hasn't (really) been tried since the early 1990s with CD-Rom games that were (almost) always awful ...

428? Famitsu's latest perfect score.

Around the Network

i like the classification.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

darthdevidem01 said:
how do I get rid of the ads in the OP?

try deleting the whole thing, and then copy and paste the things around the ad.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

ok I will try that

thanks mrbubbles!

HappySqurriel said:

If you need INSTRUCTIONS on how to get through the HOTELS, check out the enclosed instruction booklet.

--

This kind of thing is what got Sony into the PS3 situation: games that are expensive to develop, appeal to few becasue the focus on cinematics takes away from gameplay and value, and end up failing in the market. Lair was the perfect example of that.

SUCCESS!

the ads are gone!