By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the hardest Zelda game of all time?

nordlead said:
largedarryl said:
Khuutra said:
All right someone explain the "strategy" behind fighting the knights in that game

I need to hear it because I hate them

The best strategy to fight them was to hit them at the maximum distance away from your sword.  Since your sword had a minor reach advantage.  So if you managed to always time your first swing with the knight advance you could keep the distance.  The other strategy I needed to use against the blue knights (since their distance attack would severely screw you up), was to always perform the counter swing, that you would never be when you both swing at the same time.

As for the high low stuff, I always seemed more succesful by swing and ducking at the same time, although some of the later knights were pretty quick and just required more patience.

Fighting 2 knights in front of you was really hard and was nearly impossible to not get hit, but you need to try to use my first technique mentioned to keep you fighting only one at a time.

Now when you managed to get in between 2 knights, just try to get out of there.

actually, my favorite blue-knight strategy was to push them off the edge of the screen so you could just walk by.

But if that wasn't an option, jump stabbing still works.

But if you are going to play fair, both your suggestions sound good

There were plenty of cheap strategies to use if you wanted to try and do that.  There were far to many place where you could push knights off, there were also many places you could trap the knights betweeen you and a down sword attack that would eventually clip into an almost instant kill.

Around the Network

I don't know how anyone would think the Water Temple is hard. It can be confusing, because I remember running in circles a few times, but there's nothing remotely hard about it. Even Dark Link topples over pretty easily. But that pretty much goes for the entirety of OoT. Link is practically a powerhouse and there's no penalty for anything.

AoL is designed to hand your ass to you from the second you start the game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
I don't know how anyone would think the Water Temple is hard. It can be confusing, because I remember running in circles a few times, but there's nothing remotely hard about it. Even Dark Link topples over pretty easily. But that pretty much goes for the entirety of OoT. Link is practically a powerhouse and there's no penalty for anything.

AoL is designed to hand your ass to you from the second you start the game.

I remember when I was young and started to play games, I don't think I even made it to the first dungeon the first 10-20 times I tried the game, then maybe an additional 20 times before I defeated the first dungeon.  Then from there on nothing but pulling teeth right until the end of the game, only for the last 3 dungeons you run out of teeth and they start too ....... Okay I need to go sit in the corner for a little while.

I never played Zelda 2...

Of the ones i played... Links Awakenings, it gave me fits here and there.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Chrizum said:
I'm amazed all you guys played Zelda II. You're hardcore!

The hardest Zelda I played is probably Majora's Mask.

Not in my case....  just old.  I bought when it first came out.

Around the Network

zelda II if you didn'y properly leveled up, besides that links awakening

Link's Awakening was a breeze, comparatively. It had its own little challenges, but it wasn't any worse than Link to the Past. not anywhere near as bad as the oracle games.

I only beat Zelda 2 cause i was playing on an emulator that allowed instant rewind. I won't kid myself about that. I might be able to play it without breaking my controller now that I know what to do, but I'm not going to kid myself about being able to beat it right now.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Isn't it a no-brainer? Adventure of Link is the most punishingly difficult game in the series. Even if you do take the time to level up abilities so that enemies don't wax your tail every fight, all it takes is a few unfortunately timed or misjudged jumps into pits to lead to a quick game over. And I'd say the last dungeon has the hardest enemy ever devised for the series in it with those blue bird-headed soldiers.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

it certainly wasnt ocarina of time, although the water temple was a bitch

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I NEVER BEAT ADVENTURE OF LINK

There I said it I'm not sorry