By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, 97 at Metacritic!PS2 IS NOT DEAD!

its nice to see Soriku jump on the persona bandwagon :)

Megaten > Tales

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
so did anyone pick this game up? impressions anyone?

5-6 hours into the game

The characters are amazing, if anyone thought that Yosuke was a Junpei clone and Chie was a Yukari clone, then it's wrong. I'm very surprised by Yosuke, I thought I was gonna hate him, but he's really an interesting character. The story is much more character driven, it's about the struggles everyone has to face, and it's radically different that P3, but I still love it.

The battle system is pretty much similar to P3, the biggest difference is that now you can control the other party members (a very important change), but everything else is there, fusion, social links, personas, weaknesses, the "one more", etc.

My very minor and only gripes of the game are that the card system where you acquire the Personas (the shuffle time) is much more trickier than P3, but I'm starting to get the hang of it, and that striking enemies to get advantage is really hard, I still need to get accustomed, but I always get ambushed

Other than that, the game is shaping to be, at the very least, as awesome as Persona 3, and possibly more. Which means it's for sure one of the best PS2 games ever

GOTY confirmed ^^... i'm still waitin for my order from amazon.. (bummer)...

8.0 from gameinformer, lowest score so far.

mM

I think it's great that the PS2 has this one last (Or maybe not even the last, you never know!) great game. I think it will be interesting to see what console the Persona series heads off to next. But for now, it's breathing that little extra life back into the PS2.

Around the Network

wait.....Persona 4 is for PS2? And all this time I was thinking it was PS3...

I've never owned a single JRPG so I'm abit behind. I was thinkin of gettin Persona 4 but.....no ps2 here =/

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:
wait.....Persona 4 is for PS2? And all this time I was thinking it was PS3...

I've never owned a single JRPG so I'm abit behind. I was thinkin of gettin Persona 4 but.....no ps2 here =/

NO! Y NO PS2 U?

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi