By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, 97 at Metacritic!PS2 IS NOT DEAD!

"What do you have against the Wii? You really dont want it getting a Persona game."

It is not powerful enough. It doesn't have achievements. It can't put out graphics like those in Gears or MGS 4. Once you've experienced the best it is hard to go back.

"The league Persona is in is more like the ICO/SotC league. Which means that the series will get high scores but it won't get the sales they deserve."

With Microsoft's marketing machine behind it plus all of the 360's fans that tell you all day that random 82% rated games are in the top 10 games ever made every day and all day on message boards behind it, a Persona 360 game that gets a Metacritic score between 95-100 can and will sell in the millions.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:

"What do you have against the Wii? You really dont want it getting a Persona game."

It is not powerful enough. It doesn't have achievements. It can't put out graphics like those in Gears or MGS 4. Once you've experienced the best it is hard to go back.

"The league Persona is in is more like the ICO/SotC league. Which means that the series will get high scores but it won't get the sales they deserve."

With Microsoft's marketing machine behind it plus all of the 360's fans that tell you all day that random 82% rated games are in the top 10 games ever made every day and all day on message boards behind it, a Persona 360 game that gets a Metacritic score between 95-100 can and will sell in the millions.

Are you the new CrazzyMan?
I'm really starting to wonder whether you are a troll acount, and that's not a good thing. Although you're not really trolling, but posting complete and utter nonsense every 5 minutes is almost as bad.

BTFeather55 said:

Really?  I play games on my PC but it doesn't stop me from playing them on my PS3 or 360 (which are nowhere near the best).  I play games on my PS3 and 360, and it doesn't stop me from loving them on my Wii.  I play games on the Wii, and it doesn't stop me from enjoying my PSP.  I play games on my PSP, and it doesn't stop me from enjoying them on my DS.

I'm kinda sad to see a JRPG Persona fan who's as shallow as you.  I thought it was only the FF fanboys who really refused to see greatness outside of pretty graphics.

BTFeather55 said:

With Microsoft's marketing machine behind it plus all of the 360's fans that tell you all day that random 82% rated games are in the top 10 games ever made every day and all day on message boards behind it, a Persona 360 game that gets a Metacritic score between 95-100 can and will sell in the millions.

Microsoft would have to market the game for Atlus since they are too small of a company to do it themselves.  Also, I think Star Ocean have a way better chance of selling in the millions on the 360 than Persona does.

naznatips said:
BTFeather55 said:

Really?  I play games on my PC but it doesn't stop me from playing them on my PS3 or 360 (which are nowhere near the best).  I play games on my PS3 and 360, and it doesn't stop me from loving them on my Wii.  I play games on the Wii, and it doesn't stop me from enjoying my PSP.  I play games on my PSP, and it doesn't stop me from enjoying them on my DS.

I'm kinda sad to see a JRPG Persona fan who's as shallow as you.  I thought it was only the FF fanboys who really refused to see greatness outside of pretty graphics.

I think he's being sarcastic/trying to make fun of M$. You're reading too much into it

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Where does all those persona fans come from....A few weeks ago almost no one cared about Persona except a select few like Skeezer, zexen and the guys from the Persona 4 thread.

I think so many are just acting that they have played a Persona before because they just want to be cool as us.

@Nazna you finally opened up your copy of Persona 3 =p?

BTFeather55 said:

*sigh*
Whatever your hard headed. Ive played MGS4 by the way. So Ive experienced the "best"
I still love my Wii and prefer to play on it.=P

The crux of the matter: it looks like the PS3 is on the way out. And, I think in a 360 versus Wii world, the 360 wins. It started out with Microsoft saying they wanted their fans to buy a Wii to help them topple Sony. But now what is keeping the 360 from beating the Wii in sales is the fact that the PS3 is holding on and still in the market in some territores. But these last few months when the 360 has been decimating the PS3 in Europe is beginning to take its toll on Sony. Maybe that was Microsoft's masterplan all along to take them both down. Now when it comes down to Wii versus the 360 in a straight up match up. The 360 is bound to win. They have proven that they can bring the games. They have Final Fantasy XIII and if they want it, they are going to have Persona 5.   In the meantime, Nintendo sits around twiddling their thumbs and bringing out games like Wii Music.

And tech wise, the 360 blows the Wii out of the water.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Ugh Soriku, how do you know that the game has high end grahpics, you never played a Persona before =p.  The grahics are not that great of God Of war still their are parts in the game that are amazing beautifull especialy the art in the game is awesome.

Somebody doesn't think the Wii is the best thing since buttered toast. That person has to be reported.

Heavens to Murgatoids.