By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Walmart Exclusive Dragon Controller

I was looking at this controller the other day. When I first looked at it, I thought it was a cow controller. Didn't realize it was a dragon till I looked it up online. Anyways, does anybody know if the D-Pad on this controller is fixed? According to the reviewer below, it might be.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10568386

"If you look at this controller and think it's just a fancied-up Xbox 360 controller, you'd be right; except for one minor detail. The "D-Pad" (Directional Pad) is a bit smaller and controls more tightly than the original Xbox 360's "see-saw" D-Pad. This is only really useful if you play fighting games like Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur with the D-Pad, but it's still a nice improvement to an already fantastic controller.

The design is hit-or-miss, and will largely depend on the person. If you like it, that's another bonus. I personally like the way that some of the inputs are different colors from the original controllers.

It also comes with a black wired headset, which is only available with this deal or by buying an Xbox 360 Elite.

It really comes down to if you're willing to spend the extra $10 for a headset and a fancy controller. If you already have four controllers, it's not worth getting. But if you already have a need for an extra controller and like the design (Or want a better D-Pad), I'd highly recommend buying this one."

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Hahaha, oh man that's too funny! :p It actually does look like a cow controller at first glance. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think I remember something like this before...;-p (though the thread was in October)

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46941

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Cheebee said:
Hahaha, oh man that's too funny! :p It actually does look like a cow controller at first glance. :p

Yeah. It's been my primary controller since they released it, and I still think it looks like a cow pattern sometimes.

I prefer the mcfarlane controller.

Around the Network

Can anyone confirm the improved d-pad? I need a better SF II controller.

I don't have to look it up.  No the dpad isn't fixed.  M$ is sticking their heads in the sand for some reason.  They aren't fixing any NA controllers.  Whoever made this decision needs to be fired and banned from working with anyone video game related ever again.  Fix the dpad and the 360 will be nearing perfection. Hate having to buy fighting games on the ps3.

I should note that I could be wrong if this controller was conceived and put to market all within the last month.  Highly unlikely though.

Cidien said:

I don't have to look it up.  No the dpad isn't fixed.  M$ is sticking their heads in the sand for some reason.  They aren't fixing any NA controllers.  Whoever made this decision needs to be fired and banned from working with anyone video game related ever again.  Fix the dpad and the 360 will be nearing perfection. Hate having to buy fighting games on the ps3.

Yeah.  I bought Super Street Fighter II HD for the PS3 because leetgeek issued the challenge (I never back down from THE CHALLENGE!).  The guy hasn't even gone online for 9 days.  Sometimes when I try to play a friendly match or a ranked (scoreboard) match, there is NOBODY online.  That never happens on the 360 (I bought that version too.).  Unfortunately, the control of the PS3 walks all over the control for the 360.  I just want a better controller!!!

Cidien said:

I should note that I could be wrong if this controller was conceived and put to market all within the last month.  Highly unlikely though.

The controller was released a month ago. So, it might be possible. I might have to add this to my xmas list.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I have the controller ... the d-pad is the same. It is a little better than my old controller but I don't used the d-pad enough.

I read that the new Jasper xbox 360 have the new d-pad that at this point it's just rumor and speculation until someone actually take it apart.