By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony slashing jobs, leaving unprofitable businesses

They need their cash to buy more companies, as per some fanboy opinions.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

They should buy Nintendo, then they'd have plenty of money.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
They should buy Nintendo, then they'd have plenty of money.

Great idea. They only need to come up with $50 billion more in cash and they're all set :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

EaglesEye379 said:

And I believe the next big thing in TV - the OLED technology will give Sony a true run for its Bravia profits - Samsung is catching up very quickly. Its already happening - they have to be at a more competitive price for their Electronics products which will dent their margins.

This has led to their strategy of raising the prices for Electronics - so they are banking on the sales volume to stay constant with higher prices. I think this wont turn out well because of the competition as I mentioned earlier - but who knows, the Bravia LCD still sells alot.

you do know that LCD production for Sony/Samsung is joint venture right?  Most of the differences between the 2 sets are processing engines and asthetics.  Their joint venture in lcd technology/production is also strenghtening and is why both brands of TV's are almost always priced nearly identically.

Bboid said:
EaglesEye379 said:

And I believe the next big thing in TV - the OLED technology will give Sony a true run for its Bravia profits - Samsung is catching up very quickly. Its already happening - they have to be at a more competitive price for their Electronics products which will dent their margins.

This has led to their strategy of raising the prices for Electronics - so they are banking on the sales volume to stay constant with higher prices. I think this wont turn out well because of the competition as I mentioned earlier - but who knows, the Bravia LCD still sells alot.

you do know that LCD production for Sony/Samsung is joint venture right?  Most of the differences between the 2 sets are processing engines and asthetics.  Their joint venture in lcd technology/production is also strenghtening and is why both brands of TV's are almost always priced nearly identically.

That might change after Sony's reports that it will adjust pricing in America and Europe to account for the strengthening yen.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

That's it ?

not even 10% of the workers, fanboys ca get excited if they were to slash it by half.

roflol...fanboys usually aren't very good at understanding RL issues...that's why they think it's just a snap and a no-brianer to drop prices at will.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

twingo said:
That's it ?

not even 10% of the workers, fanboys ca get excited if they were to slash it by half.

Man that is not true at all

10% would be mind-numbingly horrifying