By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTAIV: Lost and Damned world premier

Max King of the Wild said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

This DLC is too little, too late.

GTA4 sold last week 105k (just counting 360 and ps3, no pc) and it's a 7 month old game. LBP did 120k last week... shall we assume then than LittleBigplanet is as dead as GTA4?

I mention it because I find funny you talk about LBP 100k/week a month after launch as "great legs" but GTA4's 100k seven months after launch you call "dead". Care to explain?

A. Because you counted 2 consoles

B. Because GTA was more hyped than LBP (just GTA's DLC alone was more hyped than LBP)

C. GTA has not sold to its 18million (Ps2 only) SA fanbase.

A. That's the nature of the beast, aka multiplatform games.

B. You mean, the head of Sony Studios saying "our biggest game in all regions"? You mean, everyone on his board saying how huge it's gonna be? the hype train for LBP is/was of the highest caliber

C. GTA: SA didn't sell 18 million in 6 months. Comparisons of this kind can't be made yet.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

GTA4 sold last week 105k (just counting 360 and ps3, no pc) and it's a 7 month old game. LBP did 120k last week... shall we assume then than LittleBigplanet is as dead as GTA4?

I mention it because I find funny you talk about LBP 100k/week a month after launch as "great legs" but GTA4's 100k seven months after launch you call "dead". Care to explain?

B. Because GTA was more hyped than LBP (just GTA's DLC alone was more hyped than LBP)

Im sorry but your logic is flawed.  GTA 4 is far from dead.  It is still selling and will continue to do so.  And trying to compare it to SA is also a weak attempt at trying to downplay GTA 4's success.  When SA was released the market was saturated with PS2s.  It only makes since that it sold better because there were more people who had a console to play it on.

And about the hype, what did you expect? GTA was the best selling franchise of the 6th gen.  It revolutionized they way people looked at games, both in terms of sandbox style game play and adult themed content. Naturally, its jump to the 7th gen would garner a lot of attention, especially with its new build and improved graphics. Rockstar also did an excellent job promoting the game.

You can hate on GTA 4 because it didn't satisfy your expectations, but dont try and say there are not millions of people out there who enjoyed and support the game. I for one do, and I totally look forward to the DLC.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

B. You mean, the head of Sony Studios saying "our biggest game in all regions"? You mean, everyone on his board saying how huge it's gonna be? the hype train for LBP is/was of the highest caliber

C. GTA: SA didn't sell 18 million in 6 months. Comparisons of this kind can't be made yet.

A. well then I guess when Jack talks about the playstation brand and includes Ps2's, PSP's, and Ps3's it aint spinning numbers.

B. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL So but you just made a really funny joke. Does "The complete experience of GTA4 is only on the 360" ring any bells? Please, Gears2 and GTA4 and FF13 are higher hyped games.

C. No it didn't.... But it sold 12 million in 4 months. (Compared to 11 million in 8 on 360/ps3)

Basically i just got a lot of bull shit spin from you

KichiVerde said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

Im sorry but your logic is flawed.  GTA 4 is far from dead.  It is still selling and will continue to do so.  And trying to compare it to SA is also a weak attempt at trying to downplay GTA 4's success.  When SA was released the market was saturated with PS2s.  It only makes since that it sold better because there were more people who had a console to play it on.

And about the hype, what did you expect? GTA was the best selling franchise of the 6th gen.  It revolutionized they way people looked at games, both in terms of sandbox style game play and adult themed content. Naturally, its jump to the 7th gen would garner a lot of attention, especially with its new build and improved graphics. Rockstar also did an excellent job promoting the game.

You can hate on GTA 4 because it didn't satisfy your expectations, but dont try and say there are not millions of people out there who enjoyed and support the game. I for one do, and I totally look forward to the DLC.

A. I never said it was dead.

B. No it isn't down playing the sucess it's showing the hard bitter truth. Look at MGS4. Same sales as 3.... and that aint multiplatform honey. (and the ps2 was saturated then too... in fact... MGS3 came out after SA if I am not mistaken)

C... I don't feel like going past your first paragraph I already dismissed your points.

KichiVerde said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

A. I never said it was dead.

B. No it isn't down playing the sucess it's showing the hard bitter truth. Look at MGS4. Same sales as 3.... and that aint multiplatform honey. (and the ps2 was saturated then too... in fact... MGS3 came out after SA if I am not mistaken)

C... I don't feel like going past your first paragraph I already dismissed your points.

Ok. So you didnt say it was dead.  My mistake.

As for MSG 3, for whatever the reason it sold poorly for a game of its stature.  I really enjoyed MSG 3, and felt it redeemed the series after the disappointment that was MSG 2.  I have yet to play 4 but it looks good and Im glad it has been successful.

But not to get off subject.  Amongst the HD console game developers, they would love to replicate the success of GTA 4.  It had the largest opening sales weekend for any game ever.  And it has sold more than any other game on PS3, 360 or the both combined. The only game that will ever knock it off its pedestal is GTA 4.2

All other games pale in comparison unless you factor in the Wii.  But thats a different platform with different numbers. As far as HD consoles go, GTA 4 is king, and its number one for a reason, its a damn good game if not the best out there. Accept it.  And accept the fact that the DLC is going to generate a lot of sales for MS.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Unless they pay me to download it, I do not care. Even then it would be be a question of HD space better being left empty or occupied by it.

I think your sig has something to do with it as well.

^Naw kyliedog has been harsh on gta4 in the past before the DLC came in the spot light again recently.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

A. well then I guess when Jack talks about the playstation brand and includes Ps2's, PSP's, and Ps3's it aint spinning numbers.

B. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL So but you just made a really funny joke. Does "The complete experience of GTA4 is only on the 360" ring any bells? Please, Gears2 and GTA4 and FF13 are higher hyped games.

C. No it didn't.... But it sold 12 million in 4 months. (Compared to 11 million in 8 on 360/ps3)

Basically i just got a lot of bull shit spin from you

A. Fine then... LBP won't even outsell GTA4 on the ps3 alone. And it's being bundled and it will be heavily bundled.

B. Are you really trying to say the hype for LBP wasn't through the roof? Awesomely shifted expectations there.

C. But again GTA:SA didn't have a set of DLC to sell down the road bundled with the game... so we shall see.

Basically you just put up some meager counter-spin, at best. It's interesting however that you needed to pat yourself on the back. Just so you know, it feels better when others pat your back - maybe someday you'll know about such a feeling.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

^ Your best counter point you could have made for C. was it was released in Nov for christmas. (Which still doesnt excuse more sales in half the time on one console)

You just dont know your games.

B. No I said GTA was the biggest hyped game of the year (Remember you are the one who brought LBP in this convo)

A. LBP was never suppose to outsell ANY GTA4's... well maybe PC's

I was just on Wikipedia and it is cited that this demo will revolve around a biker in "The Lost" gang that appeared in some of the missions from GTA 4. Rockstar always comes up with these interesting characters who give a different perspective in to the criminal world. I cant wait to play this DLC.