By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTAIV: Lost and Damned world premier

Some of the comments in this thread are just complete and utter failure. Some of you (to whom I won't name) should be ashamed of yourselves.

Around the Network

GTA IV is dead now.

This DLC is too little, too late.

LOL, this forum is not representative of the gaming community at large, the DLC will sell extremely well regardless of how much you may or may not like GTAIV.

The reality is the game sold 60,820 on the 360 last week and overall its sold 6,310,471 copies, the DLC will be a success... How could it not be?

GTA4 was boing to me and I didn't even finish any missions. I just drove around killing people, picking up hookers. Got bored of it quick, but I will probably buy this for who knows what reason. Possible achievements maybe.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Pbroy I know why you're buying it don't lie, you're hoping for the Jessica Chobot hooker just as I am huh =)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

I loved GTA 4, but I can understand how some people disliked it. It was the same for the previous installments. Complaints galore. Crappy aim system, buildings materializing out of no where, insanely difficult missions and so on. Well, you cant please everyone.

The fact of the matter is GTA 4 is the most expensive game to date. It has the most in game music, and the most dynamic city ever created in the gaming world. In a way I was disappointed that they took out some of the elements to go for a more realistic approach, but it was a small sacrifice for everything else gamers got in return.

Anyhow, Im sure the DLC is going to rock. And I bet fans will go nuts if Rockstar announces the inclusion of planes or tanks. Its a possibility. Hell, with Rockstar they always got some tricks up their sleeves. I would love to have the jet pack back in the game as well. Or something new and unexpected. We'll just have to wait and see.

@ Pristine - try the 2d GTA's - they're really good

@ kichiverde - I'm sorry, GTA4 does not have the most music, that title is held by Smash Bros Brawl

GTA 4 has 'over 200 songs' according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack
Whereas SSBB has a whopping 304 songs, totally 16 hours
(yes, I know over 200 is still alot of music)

@ Farmland - in comparison to the PS2/xbox GTA's, this one will not sell too well, the franchise has imo become stale and whilst it still is huge, many people have moved on. THE DLC will sell well, but maybe not as well as you think

DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

GTA4 sold last week 105k (just counting 360 and ps3, no pc) and it's a 7 month old game. LBP did 120k last week... shall we assume then than LittleBigplanet is as dead as GTA4?

I mention it because I find funny you talk about LBP 100k/week a month after launch as "great legs" but GTA4's 100k seven months after launch you call "dead". Care to explain?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

GTA4 sold last week 105k (just counting 360 and ps3, no pc) and it's a 7 month old game. LBP did 120k last week... shall we assume then than LittleBigplanet is as dead as GTA4?

I mention it because I find funny you talk about LBP 100k/week a month after launch as "great legs" but GTA4's 100k seven months after launch you call "dead". Care to explain?

People just want to rip on GTA 4 because they feel it was not worth the hype.  Or maybe they just dont appreciate a good game.  At any rate it is the best selling game on HD consoles, and it may hold that title throughout the 7th gen. Im sure DLC will also boost sales in February.  When it comes to GTA, Rockstar never half asses a production.  This series is their baby, and all the nay sayers will be silenced when they see the new DLC preview. 

Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
GTA IV is dead now.

A. Because you counted 2 consoles

B. Because GTA was more hyped than LBP (just GTA's DLC alone was more hyped than LBP)

C. GTA has not sold to its 18million (Ps2 only) SA fanbase.