By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who do you want to run against Obama in 2010?

John McCain.

May as well give him a chance.

Obama can't lose the next election.

Anything good will be credited to him, anything bad will be blamed on Bush.

Around the Network
damkira said:

I'm confident that aftrer the economic recovery and the end of the Iraq War, nobody will stand a chance against Obama but I'd really like to see Sarah Palin run for president. That would be hilarious.

Huckabee would be another one who would be great. Basically, anybody who is very far right and illustrates how far out of touch the Republican party has become.

You expect an economic recovery and the end of the Iraq war in 4 years?

You expect... a lot.

I'd probably bet money on their being troops in iraqi military bases by the next election along with the economy still sucking.

MrBubbles said:
i think its a bit early to be discussing this. obama isnt even president yet...

He does have a 78% approval rating though.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/12/3/154321/896

Kasz216 said:
damkira said:

I'm confident that aftrer the economic recovery and the end of the Iraq War, nobody will stand a chance against Obama but I'd really like to see Sarah Palin run for president. That would be hilarious.

Huckabee would be another one who would be great. Basically, anybody who is very far right and illustrates how far out of touch the Republican party has become.

You expect an economic recovery and the end of the Iraq war in 4 years?

You expect... a lot.

I'd probably bet money on their being troops in iraqi military bases by the next election along with the economy still sucking.

Bases would be acceptable to most.  The economy will be looking way better than it is in 4 years.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Sarah Palin just for the comedy aspect.

Around the Network

Jindal says no

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, seen by many Republicans as the most promising standard-bearer for a remade party, said at a Richmond, Va press conference that he isn't running for president in 2012.

At a news conference Wednesday with Bob McDonnell, Virginia's 2009 Republican candidate for governor, Jindal was asked if he was interested in being president, AP reports.

His answer: "No."

Jindal said he's planning to run for reelection in 2011, something that would make pivoting to a national campaign logistically and politically tricky.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1208/Jindal_says_no.html

damkira said:
Jindal says no

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, seen by many Republicans as the most promising standard-bearer for a remade party, said at a Richmond, Va press conference that he isn't running for president in 2012.

At a news conference Wednesday with Bob McDonnell, Virginia's 2009 Republican candidate for governor, Jindal was asked if he was interested in being president, AP reports.

His answer: "No."

Jindal said he's planning to run for reelection in 2011, something that would make pivoting to a national campaign logistically and politically tricky.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1208/Jindal_says_no.html

Smart man.  I mean wait till 2016.

They'll run out another Dole to face Obama.  Hence why i say just make it McCain again.

Its probably in Jindal's best interests, but Obama said something similar to Jindal and look where he is now.

Assuming Obama competently handles his time in office, he will be a juggernaut in four years. He's got charisma, which helps so much in terms of fundraising and in get-out-the-vote efforts.

McCain is a stand-up guy, but the rank and file Republican wasn't overly thrilled about him. I can't say the rank and file Republican would be too thrilled about Jindal either. They'd probably accuse him of being a terrorist based on what we saw in the last election.

Jindal is better off biding his time until 2016 unless Obama royally blows it. Palin at least has charisma, but she as of yet does not have national appeal. She is only really popular with the party base (who vote for Republicans anyways). You can't win an election if only every single member of your party votes for you. You have to win the independents too.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Palin would be a disaster. I am shocked and stupefied that people are considering her a viable candidate. Mark my words, Newt Gingrich will be the Republican nominee in 2012.

Jackson50 said:
Palin would be a disaster. I am shocked and stupefied that people are considering her a viable candidate. Mark my words, Newt Gingrich will be the Republican nominee in 2012.

You're probably right.. real people who act like human beings don't make good politicians.  She's not "political" enough.

I love Newt though, I would love for him to our candidate.  My cousin is actually a colleague and friends of his, and he's pretty genuine.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya