By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who do you want to run against Obama in 2010?

akuma587 said:

Apparently McCain isn't ready to say he would support Palin.

McCain: I can't promise to support Palin for president

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/14/mccain.senate/index.html

It's because he's a maverick.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
akuma587 said:

Apparently McCain isn't ready to say he would support Palin.

McCain: I can't promise to support Palin for president

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/14/mccain.senate/index.html

It's because he's a maverick.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:
To follow the baseball analogy.

Say you are the manager of the Red Sox. You do everything honestly... refuse dirty players etc.

Now you have the yankees as a team all corking their bats. As such they have huge advantages and are pretty much kicking your ass a lot of the time.

Perhaps the honest manager tired of the cheating and losing decides to let a few people who take steroids in to even things up.

Not a lot... just a few to make things competitive while he keeps honest players where he can. However lots of players see what the steroids do, and now the floodgate is off.

It's easy.

OK, but your example would REALLY be more like one team is corking bats, so the other team decides to get "even" by corking bats AND going on steroids. 

I still don't see that the first team can be blamed for the steroids.

Because the second team wants to keep it's honest players around.  So it takes in only a few players who cork and use steroids to balance it.

But it's infectious.

Instead of having a whole team of cheaters, they only have a few cheaters... until it spreads.

Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:

Say you are the manager of the Red Sox. You do everything honestly... refuse dirty players etc.

Now you have the yankees as a team all corking their bats. As such they have huge advantages and are pretty much kicking your ass a lot of the time.

Perhaps the honest manager tired of the cheating and losing decides to let a few people who take steroids in to even things up.

Not a lot... just a few to make things competitive while he keeps honest players where he can. However lots of players see what the steroids do, and now the floodgate is off.

It's easy.
OK, but your example would REALLY be more like one team is corking bats, so the other team decides to get "even" by corking bats AND going on steroids.

Because the second team wants to keep it's honest players around.  So it takes in only a few players who cork and use steroids to balance it.

But it's infectious.

Instead of having a whole team of cheaters, they only have a few cheaters... until it spreads.

So you're saying that the Democrats were kind of disreputable, so the Republicans compensated by recruiting a few people to be REALLY disreputable while the rest stayed good, only they all went crazy.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense.  I mean, I understand what you're saying, but no.  And that still doesn't address the fact that the second group was bringing in ANOTHER kind of bad behavior.  Even accepting your crazy talk, the Republicans still brought guns to a knife fight, as it were.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:

But it's infectious.

So you're saying that the Democrats were kind of disreputable, so the Republicans compensated by recruiting a few people to be REALLY disreputable while the rest stayed good, only they all went crazy.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense.  I mean, I understand what you're saying, but no.  And that still doesn't address the fact that the second group was bringing in ANOTHER kind of bad behavior.  Even accepting your crazy talk, the Republicans still brought guns to a knife fight, as it were.

This, Kasz argument still shows that the Republicans have turned a potentially questionable policy into an outright questionable policy.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

ioi

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

akuma587 said:
Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:

But it's infectious.

This, Kasz argument still shows that the Republicans have turned a potentially questionable policy into an outright questionable policy.

Which i agree with.

Alright, well I guess that settles it! Or something.

Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:

It's easy.

But it's infectious.

Well yeah... a couple guns would even things up in a fight where a large group of people had knives and the other group was unarmed.

akuma587 said:
Alright, well I guess that settles it! Or something.

You forget that I dislike Neoconservatives more then anything is all.  They came to power basically because the democrats were too successful... and the old wing of the democratic party took over the republican party.

Again...

At first you had the good republicans everyone liked.  Fiscally conservative and Freedom for all.

Then the racists took over when the democrats became too powerful and took the minorty support from the republicans... through furthering civil rights legislation (though the republicans i believe did support before the dixiecrats joined) and by the many programs to give money to the poor. (which while having questionable results, money is money.)

The republicans compromised and allowed the Dixiecrats in thinking they would guard the south but not become the leaders.

Sadly they were overtaken... now we have racist fiscally conservative republicans.

Then the democrats went even more to the left... the anti-communist fearmongering part of the democratic party that supported big government but still hated communists (More facist like)....

left and joined the republican party which was declining in popularity again... by playing on fearmongering with the communists.  They had to change some core beliefs... but they got their seat at the table and got to keep what they wanted most.

They took over... and then we ended up with the republican party we have today.... mostly Neo-conservatives.

All in all we kinda lost our political balance as most people headed towards democratic... and the Neoconservatives are the result of that.

And anyone who believes in fisacl responsibility and freedom for all is now a "Crazy Libretarian"

I mean, heck.  the Democratic party is still a third bigger then the Republican party now... even with the Republican party having Dixiecrats, Neoconservatives AND most Conservatives who don't want to be called crazy.

It's why I wish we had a multi party system.... lot better then 2 party system.

Then we could split out the different Republican and Democratic groups and have each one have a chance to actually vote for their views.