By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Midway has 50 days to pay!

things looked great for Midway when they first got into the console market, Mortal Kombat was super popular for both the SNES and Sega Genesis. Alas... those times are gone. Variety uncovered an SEC filling that show Midway having 50 days to settle outstanding debts. These outstanding debts amount to about 150 million. Midway unfortunately are only worth about 10 million.

It seems that advisory company Lazard may be Midway's only hope. If Lazard can't come through with a Christmas miracle it's bankruptcy for this once giant. Bankruptcy! So we might not have the chance to see their secret game that looks better than 'Gears 2'?

Around the Network

I think they're screwed. I wonder what company will buy the mortal combat franchise.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
I think they're screwed. I wonder what company will buy the mortal combat franchise.

I hope Sony

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I swear I thought there was going to be a donation button in here.

Activision or EA will mostl likely buy Mortal Kombat cause they both need a large fighting franchise.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Around the Network

Bah they deserve to die!

Doesnt matter, Epic is now having their games licensed by EA for the next few years so no crying over dead publishers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Shame, I know a 3d artist who moved from Romania to Australia to work for Midway's Australia division. Wonder what his next move will be.

ssj12 said:
Doesnt matter, Epic is now having their games licensed by EA for the next few years so no crying over dead publishers.

Um....thats just one IP dude. Not "their games". One huge multiplat game.

Good. They deserve it for bringing Cruisn to the Wii. A game that would have been criticised if it was for N64 2 gens ago! At least Cruisn U.S.A. and World had some substance to them and actually had 2 game modes!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!