By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sackboy still Sony's mascot? Also, why didn LBP sell?

Since Little Big Planet wasn't exactly the next Super Mario Bros. I was wondering if Sackboy is still Sony's Mascot. So far, the only thing I've that resembles a mascot is the P turning into an S. Not much of one but hey. So, if I could get a clarification on this it would be appreciated. But the other question, what the hell Little Big Planet? Hell, I wanted you (Still can't afford a PS3, if someone could send about 560 dollars my way, I'd appreciate it). Why didn't you break 2 million yet?

Around the Network

There are tons of games releasing at the same time, the game has very good legs its been selling 100k+ for quite some time, Also, I still believe sony will make it there mascot, sackboy can be anything(look at my avatar!)

mM

I'm thinking it will have good legs. Either way it's the highest rated exclusive on an HD console so it's not like the game sucked. It's actually every bit as good as the hype if not better. But a lot of people think it's casual and won't buy it because lets face it, the PS3 is hardcore not causual.

PS3 Trophies

The game will continue to sell....sony will make it their mascot

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
The game will continue to sell....sony will make it their mascot

... Well that just bought this to a close... But please, people keep commenting...

Around the Network

The game sold pretty much exactly how I expected it to....its a great game but LOTS of people aren't going to want to give it a chance. I never understood why there were people that were saying it was gonna be HUGE and sell MILLIONS its first week

BenVTrigger said:
The game sold pretty much exactly how I expected it to....its a great game but LOTS of people aren't going to want to give it a chance. I never understood why there were people that were saying it was gonna be HUGE and sell MILLIONS its first week

IMO, it's because they were hoping it would pull a Nintendo move in sales. Brawl, MKWii, Wii Fit, Galaxy. Those sold over 2 million in the first week. I think...

Really I don't feel like this is casual, some of the levels are very hard (sppining wheel of hardness) and the level creator takes so much time that it is not possible for a "casual gamer" to play it. Anyway, it will be on the million sellers list so I don't mind. As well I like to think of it like some other guy I saw(dont remember who) fuck the sales as long as you and me get our copies.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Solid_Raiden said:
I'm thinking it will have good legs. Either way it's the highest rated exclusive on an HD console so it's not like the game sucked. It's actually every bit as good as the hype if not better. But a lot of people think it's casual and won't buy it because lets face it, the PS3 is hardcore not causual.

False, GTA4, sadly

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Batman...WTF? said:
BenVTrigger said:

IMO, it's because they were hoping it would pull a Nintendo move in sales. Brawl, MKWii, Wii Fit, Galaxy. Those sold over 2 million in the first week. I think...

Honestly, those people were fools. The wii is positioned to sell those games and the PS3 isn't. In addition, Mario is a video game legend and icon. How would a new IP reach those kind of numbers? That being said, I thought the game would have sold a few hundred thousand more than it has but it's done mostly what I thought it would.

PS3 Trophies