By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Any body Else A little Dissapointed with Gears 2?

I agree that normal is too easy. I read the devs felt they made it too hard last game. Anyone who played though GoW1 should play hardcore.

Around the Network

The game is awesome, and once you put it on insane difficulty its reeaally hard. I would suggest starting on hardcore. I've almost finished insane and I could tell you without doubt, one of the hardest shooters I've played in a long time.

Play it on hardcore, it is much better. I liked most of it except for the stupid "fish" fight thing, my friend and I died like 100 times before we figured out how to kill it, and the final "fight" was a huge letdown. Otherwise it was pretty awesome.

reask said:
thekitchensink said:
Epic openly stated before it came out that they purposely gave it four difficulty levels instead of the first game's three, making Normal easy and Hardcore a lot harder. They actually suggested that veterans of the first game start on Hardcore.

And no, I'm not disappointed at all

I didnt know that thanks for the heads up.

I mean it is awesome graphics wise gameplay audio I just found it too easy but your comment has cleared that up for me.

My mate in work is playing it and he said the same so I will tell him that about the difficulty rating.

I just tend to be cautious starting on a hard setting in case I get stuck halfway through.

You could actually just start a new game on Hardcore and continue from right where you are in your Normal file, though you wouldn't get the achievement for beating the game on Hardcore.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Yeah I wasn't that impressed with it not the difficulty though, just the game didn't appeal that much to me. Then again I'm not a very big 3rd person shooter fan but I still thought Gears 1 was considerably better.

Around the Network
reask said:

OK heres my gripe I am on the third act on medium and so far the game has been just to easy.

I have gotten killed a few times but overall I am sailing through it.

I know some folks might say well play it on hardcore then but even for medium it is way too easy.

i will probably finish it on medium and then go back and try it on hardcore.

My problem is I played gears 1 on easy and it was way harder than this there just doesnt seem to be the same challenge built in to this one.

I know it is only the third act I dont get a whole lot of time for gaming but overall I am a little dissapointed in it.

Anybody else feel the same about the game having played it?

Try going back and playing gears 1 on medium now, I bet you will sail through it also. I was not disapointed at all its an increadable game that looks awsome. Way to blow our minds epic keep up the good work.

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

@ Kitchensink
Yeah I sussed that alright but I think I will start again on hardcore because it would be much more enjoyable to go through it again and compare.

Thanks again.

Well its a huge step up from the first one in the single player gameplay progression but I must say the story is a disappointment. Just not well put together. Online is also kinda disappointing.

Other than that it's a step up from the first one, which desperately needed a step up.

Nm