By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Hack and slash?

Ninja gaiden 2 by far.

Around the Network

diablo 2...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I... don't think diablo is a hack and slash game.....

Devil may cry 4 was loads of fun, but I can NOT get myself to beat hell or hell... Makes all your hard earned blue orbs useless....Grumble.......
I did like Dynasty warriors for a time, until I realized that the ai is garbage...

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

This thread needs more videos. First level of Ninja Gaiden 2:

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Xen said:
Baddman said:
ninja gaiden and devil may cry....god of war=button masher compared to them

...while in DMC you can win through button mashing, in GoW, you can't... you can try if you wanna and see for yourself.

I used to think DMC was the best... but with trying God of War.. my thinking pattern changed.

P.S: Fuck!

me and you must have played different games...cuz i did just that in god of war and beat all 3 of em without dying once in combat

Around the Network

There will be alot of non 360 owners who havent played NG2 so that wont get to many votes here. But it stands head and shoulders above the rest.

1. Ninja Gaiden 2
2. God Of War 2
3. Ninja Gaiden 1 (and Sigma on PS3)
4. God Of War
5. Devil May Cry 4
6. Devil May Cry 1
7. Nintey Nine Nights
8. Battletoads
9. Devil May Cry 3
10. Devil May Cry 2

linkthe2nd said:
I... don't think diablo is a hack and slash game.....

Devil may cry 4 was loads of fun, but I can NOT get myself to beat hell or hell... Makes all your hard earned blue orbs useless....Grumble.......
I did like Dynasty warriors for a time, until I realized that the ai is garbage...

It sure is a hack and slash. It's aslo a badass RPG.

One hero. Check.

Thousads of baddies. Check

Dozens upon Dozens of skills and spells with which to do horrible things to aforementioned baddies. Check.

Fast paced combat. Check.

Everything seems in order here.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

selnor said:
There will be alot of non 360 owners who havent played NG2 so that wont get to many votes here. But it stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Well, I still remember when (long ago) some guys were trying to convince the forum that God of War was faster (or harder, I forget which) than Ninja Gaiden. That's why I didn't post in this thread at first, thought it would get ugly quickly.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'll post my game, Severance - Kinda blurry on youtube now but at the time it was awesome, especially the lighting. It starts out with the amazon who has one basic move she can spam constantly but halfway through we get the barbarian who is a lot more versatile in his moves:

Especially watch the post-death mutilations.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

NJ5 said:
selnor said:

Well, I still remember when (long ago) some guys were trying to convince the forum that God of War was faster (or harder, I forget which) than Ninja Gaiden. That's why I didn't post in this thread at first, though it would get ugly quickly.

NG2 is better than GOW. It's much faster, a harder game, bosses are massive and great in both games. But also as mentioned before enemies dont just stand there and get cut up. That is what makes this game stand out over all others.