By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS: Gears 2 sales approaching 3mil. (Is gears 2 a bit overtracked on VGC?)

It depends if it's shipped, or sold to public. If it's shipped than it's way overtracked, if it's public, it's right on the money.

Around the Network

Xbox 360 has been doing incredibly well lately. Hey, its beating the PS3 by 400,000 units a week in all places but Japan (maybe they know or are willing to acknowledge something the rest of us don't (aren't)?), but Gears 2 really doesn't seem to be selling as well as I thought it was going to. It sold 2.1 million copies week one according to the charts, but it really seems to have slowed down quite a bit in subsequent weeks, and I think it's going to be awhile before it passes the first one and that in the long run it will have a really difficult time or impossible time trying to reach Halo 3 numbers.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

thx1139 said:
Sony, Nintendo and MS certainly getting preview numbers from NPD. With Nintendo talking about 800K Black Friday week and this. So were propably talking 3 million through November 29th.

which is where vgchartz numbers are at. So if it is up to Black friday then it is over tracked either way.

about 300k if MS is stating sellthough like 600-700k if it is shipped numbers.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

dbot said:
craighopkins said:
Here we go again with all these Sony fan boys .
These threads pop up all the time

I know.  I hate it when these sales discussions threads pop up on VGCHARTZ.

Yeah, it's kind of fun however how bad news bring up the sceptic inside some...

Anyways, NPD numbers this week. We'll soon have a big piece of the puzzle.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

They could be talking about "shipped" in USA though, where the game is indeed aproaching 3 mil.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network

It is probaly shipped vs sold

Bitmap Frogs said:
dbot said:
craighopkins said:
Here we go again with all these Sony fan boys .
These threads pop up all the time

I know.  I hate it when these sales discussions threads pop up on VGCHARTZ.

Yeah, it's kind of fun however how bad news bring up the sceptic inside some...

Anyways, NPD numbers this week. We'll soon have a big piece of the puzzle.

Fortunately for us, there are plenty of skeptics on this site.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

i had a feeling it was over tracked by a lot. it hasnt been on the top 10 in the uk since its first week. numbers need to be fixed.

dbot said:

Fortunately for us, there are plenty of skeptics on this site.

Moar like seasonal skeptics, if you catch my drift.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Lol, we will only know if ioi makes any adjustments...if not, theres your answer

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot