By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 this holiday?

No don't waste your money. If you have a spare few hundred euro's give it to charity, don't waste your money a 2 or 3 games you can't get on the Wii or 360.

Around the Network
josenieves1 said:
CaptDS9E said:
If you want to play any of the PS3 first party games. Why not.

Yes, some PS3 first party games are in my radar.  LBP and MGS for example.

If you are interested in these two games then that is more then enough to warrent a purchase of a PS3. Trust me.

PS3 Trophies

leo-j said:

Now the ps3 has some fine media capabilities as well, its well worth the current $399 in the U.S, its just people dont realize it, they just get the console with the cheapest price.

Depending on their needs, this might be true for new console buyers... but if you already own a 360/Wii then you aren't really saving any money in the long run.  The value argument doesn't apply to josenieves1. 

BTW, I'm not saying he shouldn't get a PS3... it really depends on his budget and gaming needs.  IMO if there's a lot of must have 360/wii titles on his wish list, then he should hold off buying a PS3.

mtofu said:
i
the only minus to having all three systems is that you're swamped with too many games to play. i have a long list of games that i've started without finishing... or purchased without opening.

it's a worthy purchase but a complete time killer.

That "swamping" is of concern to me. 

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Christhegamer said:
No don't waste your money. If you have a spare few hundred euro's give it to charity, don't waste your money a 2 or 3 games you can't get on the Wii or 360.

The ps3 is no waste of money

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I would get it, MGS4 is the best gaming experience ive had in my life, its levels above any other game this gen so far.

Btw.. Little big planet, MGS4, Resistance series, Motorstorm Series, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, (heavenly sword), Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles, and tons of very very GOOD PSN titles, if any of those things interest you then you really should get a ps3.

Now the ps3 has some fine media capabilities as well, its well worth the current $399 in the U.S, its just people dont realize it, they just get the console with the cheapest price.

Little big planet, MGS4, Resistance series, Motorstorm Series, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles are games that I find very appealing.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Christhegamer said:

Wow, a very "opinionated" post.

Even though I own one, I'm going to go with a solid NO, unless you can name at LEAST 5 exclusive games you really want that are either out, or will be out in the near future (like next 3 months)

If there really aren't 5 games you are interested in, then spending $400 just for so few games really isn't worth it.

However, you also need to consider how much you want a Blu-ray player too, as I got mine for $300, I wanted a blu-ray player, and I wanted like 4 titles that are out now, and I don't own a X360. So it was worth the $300 for me.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

If you are feeling game starved and have the money then I would get it. If not then I would wait for a price cut... The PS3 has great stuff going for it but it overlaps a lot with the 360. It would be nice to have all the consoles just not at that price IMO.

thekitchensink said:
SMcc1887 said:
thekitchensink said:
SMcc1887 said:
thekitchensink said:

No, you shouldn't.  The PS3 is too expensive and has no games.  XBL is a superior online service.  They tacked on the motion control to copy the Wii.  Sony is arrogant.

Also, I'm a robot. XD

Stop bullying him into a decision. Just because you think Sony is arrogant ( which i totally disagree with) dosent mean he should be put of such a great system. The only thing the 360 has over the PS3 is online, and who knows how long that shall last. Have you even seen the 2009 lineup on PS3?

I take it you didn't read the blacked-out part.

PS3 is doing fine--I was just regurgitating every line against the PS3 anyone has ever made.  XD

Oh lol, im confused:)

Was i supposed to be able to read the blacked out part?

Anyway, its evident you meant no harm, i apologise.....i think:)

You can read it by highlighting it with your mouse--it's what people do when they are talking about spoilers or are joking

Silly me:) I apologise then.