By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 this holiday?

josenieves1 said:
Ender said:
josenieves1, I was in the same boat as you, and I ended up buying a PS3. It really comes down to your budget and gaming needs.

Can you affirm it was a good purchase?

I get it in the mail today. 

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
I think you should buy right now thanks to low Pound. Import PS3 from http://www.amazon.co.uk. You can import PS3 for just 325€! And they are also doing special offer, http://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-3-PC-Video-Games/b/ref=sv_vg_h__4?ie=UTF8&node=16423381 in which with just around 350€ you can get 3 games and HDMI cable.

I think this is the best possible way to buy cheap brand new PS3 for those who live in € countries.

I’m not from and Euro country but thanks for the info, good for a comparative.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Ender said:
josenieves1 said:
Ender said:
josenieves1, I was in the same boat as you, and I ended up buying a PS3. It really comes down to your budget and gaming needs.

Today?  Enjoy!

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

josenieves1 said:
Ender said:
josenieves1 said:
Ender said:

Today?  Enjoy!

Thanks!

Only get a PS3 if you can afford all the games you want on the 360 or Wii.  Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

josenieves1 said:
shanbcn said:
I think you should buy right now thanks to low Pound. Import PS3 from http://www.amazon.co.uk. You can import PS3 for just 325€! And they are also doing special offer, http://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-3-PC-Video-Games/b/ref=sv_vg_h__4?ie=UTF8&node=16423381 in which with just around 350€ you can get 3 games and HDMI cable.

I think this is the best possible way to buy cheap brand new PS3 for those who live in € countries.

I’m not from and Euro country but thanks for the info, good for a comparative.

Ok, but really if any one from € country want one PS3 its time to get it now while pound is low.

Around the Network
Ender said:
josenieves1 said:
Ender said:
josenieves1 said:
Ender said:

Today?  Enjoy!

Thanks!

Only get a PS3 if you can afford all the games you want on the 360 or Wii.  Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Good point.

Thant you all for the opinions /comments.

i have the ps3 and wii and recently just purchased an xbox 360. so our situations are not completely unrelated.

i have to say that i still use the ps3 as my main console and the xbox360 for exclusives and multi-player games that my co-workers are on.

ps3 is great for multimedia (i haven't tried it with my xb360 yet) and has brilliant exclusive games.

the only minus to having all three systems is that you're swamped with too many games to play. i have a long list of games that i've started without finishing... or purchased without opening.

it's a worthy purchase but a complete time killer.

I would get it, MGS4 is the best gaming experience ive had in my life, its levels above any other game this gen so far.

Btw.. Little big planet, MGS4, Resistance series, Motorstorm Series, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, (heavenly sword), Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles, and tons of very very GOOD PSN titles, if any of those things interest you then you really should get a ps3.

Now the ps3 has some fine media capabilities as well, its well worth the current $399 in the U.S, its just people dont realize it, they just get the console with the cheapest price.

mM

Its really the perfect time to buy the PS3 this holiday. Not to mention that Playstation Home might see a possible release date during the holiday season.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY