By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your opinion, between Sony and MS, who has better 1st/2nd party titles?

axumblade said:
fastyxx said:
axumblade said:
selnor said:
If M$ went all out to buy Bioware, Bethesda and Epic that would be a very stellar team.

I have a funny feeling though that M$ may buy Valve. They seem very close at the moment and Valve have been assosiated with Halo 4. Hmmmmmm.

I don't think they really need to buy Valve. Valve seem to loyally follow Microsoft pretty close and seem to not really have interest in Nintendo or Sony (especially after Orange Box).

It's just because of the similar nature of PC and 360 architecture makes for easier and cheaper and more successful ports to the 360 than for PS3 or Wii.  I don't think Valve really has a preference other than it's fairly easy to make a tidy profit this way.

I could have sworn I heard something about the president of Valve not really liking Sony all that much but I could be wrong. It's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it works well to Microsofts advantage.

Sony pulled the same crap Nintendo did back in the 80s with the NES.  When Sony had the PS2 empire, they were pretty pushy with software developers, and a lot of them probably didn't like it...

But then again, Microsoft has been pushing around software developers for years.  I guess that's onbe of the many reasons why monopolies are such a bad thing.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
The_God_of_War said:
How many studios does MS actually own now? There's Lionhead, Rare, Turn 10 and I know I'm missing a couple. Not counting Ensemble, since they're soon being closed down.

According to wikipedia:

In-house studios

selnor said:
If M$ went all out to buy Bioware, Bethesda and Epic that would be a very stellar team.

I have a funny feeling though that M$ may buy Valve. They seem very close at the moment and Valve have been assosiated with Halo 4. Hmmmmmm.

MS should buy Valve purely for Steam.  They can have the de facto digital download service for Windows and incorporate Games for Windows Live into this.

Sony right now, who knows 2010 may change that.

Usul said:
selnor said:
Also doesnt it strike everyone as odd. Sony have more internal devs but less top class games this gen. What happened? M$ seems to have more variety and stellar exclusives time after time this gen.

Very varied indeed... shooters, shooters and shooters... oh and a RPG with a horrible art style (Fable 2) and that "extremely" fun pratformer called Banjo. Some of these games selling good doesn't mean they're better than others. IMO only Halo and Gears are top notch.

M$ isnt just shooters. This gen the reason I own and play 360 s much is the variety. I like all genres, I dont think there is a genre I dont like. M$ have had great games this gen like Dead Rising, Ace Combat 6, Ninja Gaiden 2, Devil May Cry 4, GTA4, Saints Row 1&2, Crackdown, Lost Odyssey, Tales OF Vesperia, PGR3 & 4, Forza 2, Football Manager 09, PES 09, Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Viva Piniata, Lips, Blue Dragon to name a few. Hardly shooters are these.

And for 09 and onwards there is hardly shooters galore with, Alan Wake, Race Pro, Halo Wars, Splinter Cell Conviction, Kingdom Under Fire 2, Huxley, Mass Effect 2, Cry On, Lost Odyssey 2, Killer Insticnt 3, Forza 3, Star Ocean 4 and Final Fantasy 13.

Yes 1 or 2 of those are multiplat, but my point is their is an array of diversity on 360 with many exclusives that are top drawer in multiple genres. It's hardly a shooter console. M$ have done wonders to make it great in every genre.

Around the Network

Sony has better, just look at next year releases.

leo-j said:
Sony is a bigger 1st party dev than nintendo.. they have much more ip than nintendo and microsoft combined.

....Say again?

OT: I'll go with Sony, if only for Team ICO.

sega

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Sony.

Play B3yond

Khuutra said:
leo-j said:
Sony is a bigger 1st party dev than nintendo.. they have much more ip than nintendo and microsoft combined.

....Say again?

OT: I'll go with Sony, if only for Team ICO.

Yeah Leo, I'd also love to hear you clarify what you just said, with some facts.

I'm also of the same opinion of Khuutra, I'd go for Sony over Microsoft if only for Team ICO.