By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS dismisses 'major design flaw' reports

this is old news they already solving the problem let's just move on enjoy gaming

Around the Network

Solving the problem by denying it actually exists?

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

dallas said:
AllAll said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=169593

the reaction is funny "1700 different components and 500 million transistors, there are obviously many things that can malfunction" so there are millions of reasons why the red ring will continue to haunt xbox owners.

The number of components is probably irrelevant as MS's definition would probably be totally different than a random electrical engineer counting the parts. The heat thing, is a big deal. Look at the problems that Intel went through in the 90's with those faulty chips, whose reputation took a long while to "fix" even after the logic error of said chips was totally fixed.

Look for MS to keep pretending that nothing at all is wrong, until a large % of the 360s that haven't been given another heatsink/65nm upgrade, have been implemented as the new standard.

QFT. It does not make much sense. It is like a developer explaining a major bug in a game by saying: "There are millions of polygons in this game, the complexity of the game make it hard to solve the bug".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Meh, this is sadly a standard practice in corporate operating procedures.

Denial can prove to help maintain sales with some marketing strategies if certain variables fall into place.

This is obviously a front to help MS with their attempts to cater to the fresh gamers out there ( read: casual player. )

Too bad the traditional gamers ( I.E. the hardcore ) are too complacent with this type of B.S. as we have some poor bastards out there buying their 12th Xbox in 18 months!

There are also many poor saps out there that think MS is being nice because they added the extended warranty! Not so. They only care to tack on that feature because their failure rate is so high they can't completely ignore the problem.

MS gets no love from me in attempts at lying to me about their rushed faulty hardware.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

That is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. It would have been faster if he just shrugged his shoulders and said..."I don't know...it's not my job."

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078