By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to “break the bank” at E3 2009

No Selnor, GT sales are not on the decline.

GT 3 > GT > GT2 > GT4 (Which was up-adjusted from 8 mil to 9.5 mil, woot).

So they are not on the decline. Unless you count in random order. Fail.

OT:

Probably announcing the XBOX 720. It's not like games are really game-changers in the console fight. It has to be a new console. Slimline or 720, one will be announced at E3 2009.

On a side note, yes MS has done good at making sure that at E3 they only talk about things on the horizon, but at TGS they announced Halo 3: ODST a year before launch. So there goes that theory.

Around the Network

Breaking the bank in terms of more lights, sounds (better than Duffy), CG teasers, adverts - meaning both added quality and quantity of what they show and announce is how I read it.

@DmeisterJ

they have shipped 10.06 Million of GT4 back in APril 08

I bet its past 10 Million now.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:
MS acquires EA? lol. Peter Moore did go there for a reason ;)

If anything, I think MS would announce the following:

- New strategic partnerships with major studios for new exclusives
- Finalization of the Slim X360, new price, new specs
- New XBL features
- New major 1st party games from Rare, Lionhead, and Turn 10 (maybe acquisition of PGR franchise?)

It's all part of MS's grand plan!!

They put a man inside, change their lead platform to PS3 to increase delays and cost, which in turn reduces the profitability of EA, making it easier for MS to buy them!

Muahahahahha... Its Genius!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

In the sense of imitating Sony in the whole "titles that are 1+ years away" thing, that strategy can backfire. Certainly it gave Guerilla Games a challenge to develop Killzone 2 for almost 4 years after that pre-rendered movie back at E3 '05 made a lot of people call BS (thankfully GG was up to the challenge, but that's for another thread)

I think what EaglesEye said makes the most sense. Take advantage of the old E3 "returning" and do something really theatrically over-the-top, and break the bank in a production values sense.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

they're going to be talking about Gears 3, Halo 4, blu-ray add on and and built in, Live price decrease, download and purchase of HD content, Zune integration, and total world domination.

Proud owner of a Genesis, 32X, Sega Cd, Game Gear, Nomad, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, DS, DS Lite, Wii, PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, PC Engine, Turbo Grafx, Turbo CD, Turbo Duo & Turbo Express.

Why xbox need blu-ray add on and and built in??
i thought many people don't like it?

celticlonewolf said:
I think what MS might think about doing is showing games that are more than 6-10 months away. Kind of like what sony does with its games and when done right can cause real buzz around the game and the system.

Yes.  This.

No way they talk about a new console.  It's simply not going to happen.  They would completely shoot themselves in the foot.

NJ5 said:
MS isn't stupid enough to start talking about their next console at this point... They want customers to think about this generation, not the next one.

My bet would be either games for the long-term or some upgrade to the 360.

This.

Lol@ people mentioning the next Xbox.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

o187em said:
they're going to be talking about Gears 3, Halo 4, blu-ray add on and and built in, Live price decrease, download and purchase of HD content, Zune integration, and total world domination.

360 is the mark of the beast then?  three 6's and zero people will refuse the mark?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya